3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

How do you guys find the Human Interface Guidelines? I’m really impressed with the quality and the clarity of the documentation. Apple seems to put a lot of effort into these documents.

They are up to date, and in the several weeks I spent learning, I found no spelling errors. Not even one.

They provide insight into the UI paradigms, and really state of the art resources to get up to speed as soon as possible.

I also found several blogs with info for an easier transition from Actionscript to Objective-C, such as http://blog.teknision.com/

I would have spent a ton of money to have AS3 as the base language for iOS. It’s so much clearer! :-)

4264 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

How do you guys find the Human Interface Guidelines? I’m really impressed with the quality and the clarity of the documentation. Apple seems to put a lot of effort into these documents.

They are up to date, and in the several weeks I spent learning, I found no spelling errors. Not even one.

They provide insight into the UI paradigms, and really state of the art resources to get up to speed as soon as possible.

I also found several blogs with info for an easier transition from Actionscript to Objective-C, such as http://blog.teknision.com/

I would have spent a ton of money to have AS3 as the base language for iOS. It’s so much clearer! :-)

+1 to that. Documentation is awesome, the language itself sucks. I tried to learn it but didn’t get pass basic stuff yet. Not enough free time :D

Now it’s understandable why things on the iPhone have the quality they do.

2309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

I learned it many years ago when I was creating a USB video device driver for the then newly-released OSX .. It is weird language. I haven’t looked at yet in relation to iOS development. Probably forgotten most of what I learned before :(

2578 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

I wanted to start developing apps but I realised objective-c is a horrible coding language.

It kinda sucks for windows users as they cant use xcode aswell.

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Try to make a self-living from this …. Good luck bro` )bobocel(

3402 posts
+6 more
bobocel says

I’ll let you know in a few weeks how it goes. I hope it will be worth learning it, and in the future people will use tablets as they use phones now. (with Flash installed :P)

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^

I fresh my Objective memory a year ago due to cs5 before I know someone screw me. But really man, i think now you will understand what the deference when fallowing a new trend buzz IPhone/iPod/ipad on a worldwide buzz, and translate it in to money as a freelancer. Not that i doubt you for 1 sec but i know where you are locate also ,that particular market have 1 major direction in sells and that’s the US ,locally you will struggle. I’ll bet or shift my resource to the Asian market and focuses on the Android ,already number 1 app/OS in all Asian and left the IPhone far far away .the only problem there those Japanese` code AS3 like they talk :P

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

its a horrible language but worth trying to get under your belt as many devs will shy away from it… I wish I had more time to get deeper into it but there aren’t enough hours in the day :(

Android thankfully is Java which is far easier and you’ve got AIR running on top of it making it even easier :D :P

715 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
majd_abdul says

the only problem there those Japanese` code AS3 like they talk :P

+1 haha, Take a look here

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/crazy-flash-html5-by-japanese/35967

3402 posts
+6 more
bobocel says

^ I fresh my Objective memory a year ago due to cs5 before I know someone screw me. But really man, i think now you will understand what the deference when fallowing a new trend buzz IPhone/iPod/ipad on a worldwide buzz, and translate it in to money as a freelancer. Not that i doubt you for 1 sec but i know where you are locate also ,that particular market have 1 major direction in sells and that’s the US ,locally you will struggle. I’ll bet or shift my resource to the Asian market and focuses on the Android ,already number 1 app/OS in all Asian and left the IPhone far far away .the only problem there those Japanese` code AS3 like they talk :P

I’m not learning for the local market. We work 99% with US and EU customers. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by