26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
stephanie says

I was just wondering if anyone else has been surprised at the fact that the graphics section has been more popular (at least when looking at sales at this point) than the vector section? I assumed people would look to purchase vector graphics more than raster graphics because of the versatility and flexibility of them. It seems my assumptions are wrong. I wonder if it is because people are more comfortable working with Photoshop? I only have one file up and it is vector…I wonder if I should work more on raster things in the future?

1125 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

I saw that as well, stephanie.

But I think that sales do not have anything to do with the versatility of vectors or how comfortable people feel with Photoshop.

If you take a look at the items sold, you will see that what really is beeing sold here are backgrounds, textures and things that you will often find in web pages for example.

Items from the vectors section are therefore not that popular, in my opinion.

But I think, that GraphicRiver is just to new to be selling a lot in all categories. I think that in time more people will discover this site and all kind of designs will be selling without problem.

Link Removed.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in France
Shaoren says

I think that all sales depend on the type of users of those marketplaces. Since Graphicriver is new, and since all advertisements were made only on graphic websites, talking about webdesign namely, the users are not interested in vector graphics.

It is a question of time as hansv has precised, let’s wait till some “new” users come to this website, bloggers, for instance.

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

@hansv – I think you have it exactly right. I usually create my own backgrounds but rarely do my own vectors, I’m not the greatest at illustrator. At the moment I still have money deposited at iStock so I need to spend that first and I imagine others do to. On a side note I’m sure the rules are the same here as themeforest and you can’t go around the forums advertising your products.

2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

I’m not surprised. The graphics section is a gap in the market, how many other raster graphic marketplaces are there? All those stock sites sell images and vectors. The whole idea is that the raster stuff is the main attraction if you will and eventually it’s gonna suck the vector buyers in.

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

A bit off topic, but HansV I had to remove your image link to your file. Unfortunately we only allow promoting one’s files from within the Item Discussion section of the forums.

1125 posts
+5 more
hansv says

ooh… sorry… haha… I didn’t know about that. Thanks for mentioning it

81 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
petshopbox says
I’m not surprised. The graphics section is a gap in the market, how many other raster graphic marketplaces are there? All those stock sites sell images and vectors. The whole idea is that the raster stuff is the main attraction if you will and eventually it’s gonna suck the vector buyers in.

Right. It’s not surprise at all. Not everyone has illustrator on their computer. Where PSD file can be opened in GIMP . Where illustrator file will be look like train wreck on Inkscape.

The downsize, PSD files in large document size is waay larger than vector :-(

by
by
by
by
by
by