1044 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

Was just wondering if any of you who started out this all with a mouse now switched over to a tablet or not. What are your experiences with working inside of After Effects and Cinema4d with a wacom tablet? Cons and pro’s at all? Or just all pro’s once you get used to it?

I’m definitely going for an Intuos v4 or v5 depending on when i will decide to purchase one. I would just like to hear your experiences with one if you have any.

7790 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

working with a tablet,

there are some minor issues but is way better than the mouse. takes some time to get used with, couple of weeks probably.

also no hand pain, which is the reason why I’ve bought the tablet in first place.

201 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Gigguk says

didnt even know these things existed :O

1044 posts Massfocus
+7 more
Massfocus says

working with a tablet,

there are some minor issues but is way better than the mouse. takes some time to get used with, couple of weeks probably.

also no hand pain, which is the reason why I’ve bought the tablet in first place.

It is my main reason to start with a tablet as well. I’m struggling with hand/wrist/arm pains for a couple of years now when i work too many hours etc. So glad to know you don’t experience it anymore, motivates me more to try one out :)

407 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
smudgethis says

I’v been using a wacom for years now and I don’t think I actually could use a mouse now if I tried.

It does take a little while to get used to as Doru says but it is well worth sticking with it. Basically if you can hold and operate a pen and/or pencil you should be able to work with one of these. Plus as a bonus the majority of the new ones operate with touch too like a giant touchpad, which is kinda cool.

1044 posts Massfocus
+7 more
Massfocus says

Awesome, i guess that wipes away my little doubts on getting one and spending a fortune on it. Thanks buds!

28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SmallScreen says

I developed some major wrist issues a few years ago from using the mouse. Had pain and even some numbness in parts of my hand. Switched to a tablet and don’t have ANY issues at all now. It took a couple of months to notice the pain was going away… so stick with it. But I would definitely recommend getting one.

5220 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Went over to a tablet more than ten years ago. Never looked back. No repetitive strain, much more natural and you can work much, MUCH faster. You never push the cursor to where you need it, you simply pick up the pen and place it where you want it. You get very accurate at that very quickly. But the first two weeks are a bit frustrating, as you learn to break your pointless mouse habit. ;-)

139 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+2 more
Bogz says

same problem here with hand/wrist/elbow pains from many hours on pc. Firstly i got some acupuncture. Secondly i bought a wacom tablet and thirdly someone send me this youtube video. All three worked out excellent in combination. Now it’s been 3 years without any pain or discomfort. And yes tablet is an excellent tool…

1116 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

I have no wrist issues, yet. I’ve been thinking about a tablet for some time now. It’s great this thread got started. I’ve been trying to convince myself If I really need it or not. As people say, it is certainly an awesome tool for drawing matte paintings, digital sculpting etc. I do not really draw much (unfortunately..) How about more non-specialized everyday tasks like working in Ae, Cinema, Photoshop or even browsing the web? You know, motion-graphics-wise. How does it play with the keyboard or even funnier question – does it make typing with both hands more difficult :) ? Do I need to keep my mouse pluged-in (that sounds a bit wierd, eh?) for certain tasks or it’s completely obsolete once the tablet takes over? Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by