• Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

Was just wondering if any of you who started out this all with a mouse now switched over to a tablet or not. What are your experiences with working inside of After Effects and Cinema4d with a wacom tablet? Cons and pro’s at all? Or just all pro’s once you get used to it?

I’m definitely going for an Intuos v4 or v5 depending on when i will decide to purchase one. I would just like to hear your experiences with one if you have any.

6761 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

working with a tablet,

there are some minor issues but is way better than the mouse. takes some time to get used with, couple of weeks probably.

also no hand pain, which is the reason why I’ve bought the tablet in first place.

200 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Gigguk says

didnt even know these things existed :O

1012 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

working with a tablet,

there are some minor issues but is way better than the mouse. takes some time to get used with, couple of weeks probably.

also no hand pain, which is the reason why I’ve bought the tablet in first place.

It is my main reason to start with a tablet as well. I’m struggling with hand/wrist/arm pains for a couple of years now when i work too many hours etc. So glad to know you don’t experience it anymore, motivates me more to try one out :)

392 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+1 more
smudgethis says

I’v been using a wacom for years now and I don’t think I actually could use a mouse now if I tried.

It does take a little while to get used to as Doru says but it is well worth sticking with it. Basically if you can hold and operate a pen and/or pencil you should be able to work with one of these. Plus as a bonus the majority of the new ones operate with touch too like a giant touchpad, which is kinda cool.

1012 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

Awesome, i guess that wipes away my little doubts on getting one and spending a fortune on it. Thanks buds!

17 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • United States
SmallScreen says

I developed some major wrist issues a few years ago from using the mouse. Had pain and even some numbness in parts of my hand. Switched to a tablet and don’t have ANY issues at all now. It took a couple of months to notice the pain was going away… so stick with it. But I would definitely recommend getting one.

4791 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Went over to a tablet more than ten years ago. Never looked back. No repetitive strain, much more natural and you can work much, MUCH faster. You never push the cursor to where you need it, you simply pick up the pen and place it where you want it. You get very accurate at that very quickly. But the first two weeks are a bit frustrating, as you learn to break your pointless mouse habit. ;-)

117 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bogz says

same problem here with hand/wrist/elbow pains from many hours on pc. Firstly i got some acupuncture. Secondly i bought a wacom tablet and thirdly someone send me this youtube video. All three worked out excellent in combination. Now it’s been 3 years without any pain or discomfort. And yes tablet is an excellent tool…

1038 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says

I have no wrist issues, yet. I’ve been thinking about a tablet for some time now. It’s great this thread got started. I’ve been trying to convince myself If I really need it or not. As people say, it is certainly an awesome tool for drawing matte paintings, digital sculpting etc. I do not really draw much (unfortunately..) How about more non-specialized everyday tasks like working in Ae, Cinema, Photoshop or even browsing the web? You know, motion-graphics-wise. How does it play with the keyboard or even funnier question – does it make typing with both hands more difficult :) ? Do I need to keep my mouse pluged-in (that sounds a bit wierd, eh?) for certain tasks or it’s completely obsolete once the tablet takes over? Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by