160 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
jordie says

Anyone else frequently visit reddit? I just found there is an envato sub-reddit there at http://www.reddit.com/r/envato/ that you all might be interested in joining. It doesn’t look like much is posted there that frequently, but maybe with more people we can bring some life to it?

3919 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+8 more
miseld says
60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
TheRedGiant says

I have a reddit user. But I too hadn’t heard about /r/envato. Good to know.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Can someone enlighten the old(er) man that I am and explain what this reddit thing is all about?
The website just looks so archaic to me! But of course, I thought the same thing about twitter when it first came out.
Anyways, a brief explanation on how this could benefit us all would be much appreciated!

160 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
jordie says

Can someone enlighten the old(er) man that I am and explain what this reddit thing is all about?
The website just looks so archaic to me! But of course, I thought the same thing about twitter when it first came out.
Anyways, a brief explanation on how this could benefit us all would be much appreciated!

The website looks old yes, but it’s designed like that to be very very simple. Basically the entire site consists of ‘sub-reddits’ which are communities based around something. Each community is a place like a forum where you can post either a text post or a link to something. Users can then comment on that post. So each ‘sub-reddit’ is for posting about a particular theme, so /r/envato is for posting text/discussion posts or links about envato and the marketplaces.

If you were ever familiar with Digg, then it’s a bit like that.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Thanks Jordie. I appreciate you took the time to answer this! :)

241 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
BCrutchfield Envato team says

Basically it is where all of the material originates that ends up being reposted on 9gag or by George Takei on his Facebook page. Funny pictures, videos, memes, etc.

It definitely is kind of confusing at first, but once you make an account and find sub-reddits that interest you it can become quite the time sink, haha.

by
by
by
by
by
by