48 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
senorthemes says

I’ve been playing around with Desk.com for the past few days and it’s awesome as a support help desk. Even better that it easily integrates with Do.com which my team and I use religiously every day.

Does anyone use Desk.com with the Envato API for verifying customer purchases? If so, can you share any details on how it may be implemented?

Thanks

27 posts
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
RescueThemes says

Maybe something like a WordPress + Desk.com integration would work.

Set up a WordPress site and verify buyers with the Envato API. After they’ve successfully created their WP account and are logged in, grant them access to submit a support request into your desk.com account.

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
senorthemes says

Very interesting, thanks. We will give that a whirl. However, if anyone else has other input that would be great.

450 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

I’m using Desk for support as well – and it’s done wonders for our team. I don’t do any Envato API tricks though – mostly because I sell themes on other marketplaces as well. If the WordPress trick doesnt work well you could even place a required text field on the contact form requiring the purchase key – to scare away people with illegal copies of the theme. Even though it wouldn’t do anything I think this would effectively keep a good number of fakers out of the picture.

Rich

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
senorthemes says

@ThemeBeans thank you for your suggestion although we need a sure way to verify buyers. I submitted a support request to Desk.com and there reply was,

“You may be able to do this using the Desk.com API, located at dev.desk.com in conjunction with the Envato API. It will require some programming on your part, so you would need to locate a programmer at your company that is experienced in programming using API’s.”

In about a couple of weeks my guys an I will be working on this and I’ll post any updates here for anyone else that’s interested in this.

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
themedesignguru says

I’m looking forward to see the result of your work. I’ll be happy to donate some money if it will work for us too after all.

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
senorthemes says

@lumberman I’m glad to hear you’re interested. We’re wrapping up a couple of project and as soon as we do we’ll get this going and will be providing a link where you can download it along with a detailed documentation on how to get it working.

15 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
elysesimone says

This is interesting. I realize I’m learning a lot just by observing and reading your comments! :D

64 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Uruguay
explora says

I’m also trying to figure out a way to do this… I’ll let you guys know if I came up with something.

Cheers!

by
by
by
by
by
by