5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ShiloRune says

Hi all,

I’m trying to be optimistic about the Directory / Listing Wordpress contest. Can anyone confirm they are indeed working on such a theme?

Really excited for the results!

900 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Have you checked the ThemeForest search?
Check this link out: http://themeforest.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=directory
You would find some great Directory/Listing themes.

413 posts Yes We Can
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
CRIK0VA says

Hi, we are working on a new listing theme)

5 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ShiloRune says

Thanks, Crikova!

I am looking forward. As an avid directory builder, I have pretty much been disappointed in every theme on the market. SpotFinder is probably the best, but has serious performance issues.

I would be happy to provide you with any suggestions, feedback, or bug testing.

no-thumbnail
orlandoinsurance Recent Posts Threads Started
1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
orlandoinsurance says

Love this contest and cant wait to grab some of the new directory themes that everyone creates. Spotfinder is easily the best I have seen to date. However, the ability to host 4000+ pins is not available.

From our findings, pins need to be processed/loaded on the server side, not from the browsers side.

I would say the winner of this is going to be whomever can accomplish this because many of us are trying to load 4000+ pins on our sites and it crashes on mobile and is extremely slow when filtering.

18 posts
+2 more
ziziplanet says

Love this contest and cant wait to grab some of the new directory themes that everyone creates. Spotfinder is easily the best I have seen to date. However, the ability to host 4000+ pins is not available.

From our findings, pins need to be processed/loaded on the server side, not from the browsers side.

I would say the winner of this is going to be whomever can accomplish this because many of us are trying to load 4000+ pins on our sites and it crashes on mobile and is extremely slow when filtering.

I have the same problem no pro map theme on the market… Spotfinder have lot of feature a looking nice, but its based on “google maps”. maybe it can be faster, but if we want a roboust “locator” with a million pin we ned openstreetmap or leaflet(based on openstreetmap). Its faster morenmore feature, no need to pay. (google maps have a daily 25.000 limit. Over you need business account and pay…) All the big geo/travel portals(foursquare,facebook) etc) using mapbox/leaflet what is based on openstreetmap…

So i wait for a new directory theme on themeforest like spotfinder, but with osm map…beacause with google maps no way to handle thousand or million pins…

91 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Arab Emirates
dilantha01 says

we can develop new one for you .. ?

1243 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
Smartik says

I have the same problem no pro map theme on the market… Spotfinder have lot of feature a looking nice, but its based on “google maps”. maybe it can be faster, but if we want a roboust “locator” with a million pin we ned openstreetmap or leaflet(based on openstreetmap). Its faster morenmore feature, no need to pay. (google maps have a daily 25.000 limit. Over you need business account and pay…) All the big geo/travel portals(foursquare,facebook) etc) using mapbox/leaflet what is based on openstreetmap…

So i wait for a new directory theme on themeforest like spotfinder, but with osm map…beacause with google maps no way to handle thousand or million pins…
Wow! First time I see OpenStreetMap. Thank you a lot for sharing this info. :)

Regarding OP, I would also like to create a directory theme, but I probably will not manage to finish it until the contest close.

18 posts
+2 more
ziziplanet says

Wow! First time I see OpenStreetMap. Thank you a lot for sharing this info. :) Regarding OP, I would also like to create a directory theme, but I probably will not manage to finish it until the contest close.

If you make an ultimate listing theme(use for anything, classifieds, real estate, business dir, etc) like spotfinder was, but with osm map than you not need the contest price because your sales will grow like a mushroom:)

by
by
by
by
by
by