2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

Imma get the ball rolling here.

So quick summary for anyone who has missed this: It is rumored that Apple is going to unveil it’s tablet, most likely called the “iSlate” on the 27th of jan.

For all the rumors go here: http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/19/apple-rumor-roundup-future-of-media-edition/

Sooooooo…I was wondering…why the heck do we need tablets anyway?

If you want something small…you have a phone, for a lot of people that’s an iPhone. Then if you need something bigger…there are netbooks…even bigger, there are notebooks. Now what’s the damn use for an A4 paper sized touchscreen??

Whatever they will be unveiling, it’s going to be overpriced and not entirely necessary but we will still buy it because Apple made it. That’s a given.

Meanwhile I don’t want them to unveil the new specs for the macbook pro, simply because my macbook pro will not be the newest kid on the block…

Right, have your say.

Little update: The Sim tray alone will cost about 14 bucks, go figure – http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/19/apple-rumor-roundup-future-of-media-edition/

1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

In my opinion tablets are targeted as a replacement for the printed medium, thus the reason for the standard paper size. It’s going to be really interesting to see how the technology fairs, I really believe they could work if the manufacturers can get them at a reasonable price point. It’s going to be huge for magazines and newspapers.

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says
In my opinion tablets are targeted as a replacement for the printed medium, thus the reason for the standard paper size. It’s going to be really interesting to see how the technology fairs, I really believe they could work if the manufacturers can get them at a reasonable price point. It’s going to be huge for magazines and newspapers.

I know I sound like a 70 year old know-it-all, but I really really really don’t want print media to go. I don’t want posters/brochures/magazines/books to go. I love graphic design when it’s printed, I really really do.

242 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ATLChris says

I don’t think Apple is going to come out with a “tablet,” I think they are going to surprise us all with something more than we ever thought.

I am more interested iPhone 4G & 4.0 OS announcements.

2529 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I want the perfect e-reader. If it plays videos/music, and allows for web browsing too, that’s great.

I think it’s ridiculous that we still utilize paper for books and money.

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
I know I sound like a 70 year old know-it-all, but I really really really don’t want print media to go. I don’t want posters/brochures/magazines/books to go. I love graphic design when it’s printed, I really really do.

i’m with you there, as much as i’m all for save the trees it would be wierd… plus I dont want to look at a screen even when I want to chill and read a magazine… not good for your eyes…

Anywho, I hope its a new better iPhone cause i’m buying one very soon :P

61 posts
+1 more
derektoigo says

I’m definitely interested in seeing a tablet of sorts, but I just hope it doesn’t get tied down to a cellular network.

61 posts
+1 more
derektoigo says

(accidental double post)

659 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
luckykind says

Have you ever tried to bring your notebook to read on the toilet?... it’s very awkward, bad posture, always having to tilt the damn screen with the keyboard up in the air…

The iSlate is the perfect bathroom companion… I’m looking forward to it…

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says
Have you ever tried to bring your notebook to read on the toilet?... it’s very awkward, bad posture, always having to tilt the damn screen with the keyboard up in the air… The iSlate is the perfect bathroom companion… I’m looking forward to it…

That’s why I have books :)

@Jeffrey when epaper is fully developed, that means that it mimics the texture of paper, the contrast and that it’s foldable, that’s when I will be ready to switch over to an e-reader.

Granted I only have experience reading ebooks off my notebook/pc which is horrible.

by
by
by
by
by
by