3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

@ATLChris

what internet are you browsing?! there is rarely a news site or blog or a site that handles video or music that uses other thing than flash. search for creative websites… many of them are built in flash. Fashion studios are pretty much all built in flash. Special product pages from adidas, nike, whatever… they are all in flash. And Jobs gives you the finger for those.

Every top FlashDen author I know, however, also already knows HTML , Javascript, PHP , etc… We don’t HAVE to build stuff in Flash, but we like it.

And there are clients that ask for it.

242 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ATLChris says
Sorry, not trying to make this a Flash thread, I also wanted to point out, most of the people that are saying Flash is not on the out, are authors who create for FlashDen, just saying, you FlashDen authors might have a different view of Flash compared to the average joe.

True, but the people saying it is on the way out are also the ones who don’t know to use it.

Every top FlashDen author I know, however, also already knows HTML , Javascript, PHP , etc… We don’t HAVE to build stuff in Flash, but we like it.

I know Flash, I just choose not to use it. I learned Flash back in the day with Flash MX.

242 posts
+2 more
ATLChris says
@ATLChris

what internet are you browsing?! there is rarely a news site or blog or a site that handles video or music that uses other thing than flash. search for creative websites… many of them are built in flash. Fashion studios are pretty much all built in flash. Special product pages from adidas, nike, whatever… they are all in flash. And Jobs gives you the finger for those.

And there are clients that ask for it.

I am browsing the same net as you, I just don’t visit flash websites like Adidas and Nike. Also, most of the blogs and news sites I visit embed video’s via YouTube which is played in HTML 5 . I see very little Flash on a day to day basis.

915 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says
I know Flash, I just choose not to use it. I learned Flash back in the day with Flash MX.

That was 8 years ago, and still Actionscript 1 haha. I don’t blame you for giving up on it.

242 posts
+2 more
ATLChris says
That was 8 years ago, and still Actionscript 1 haha. I don’t blame you for giving up on it.

Haha that just makes me feel old. Has it been that long!

905 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
unchartedrealms says

The ipad will support Flash via CS5 app compiles right out of the box so will the iphone… Apple will not loose money on this as you have to insert your apple dev license into cs5 output module so you will still be paying the 150. Either way if you want a app on the app store you will pay 150 weather you get the tools or not.. with google going around the app store and building a web application that allows you to use google voice sets the tone for creative thinking around apples barriers.. Flash is going no where. In fact it coming straight to your TV and home electronic products… Flash widgets running on your tv. giving a whole world of people out there a comfortable way to build applications for tv.

5342 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
Flash is going no where. In fact it coming straight to your TV and home electronic products… Flash widgets running on your tv. giving a whole world of people out there a comfortable way to build applications for tv.

Uncharted makes a very good point here. People are using Flash for so many things now. Even the Hollywood movie studios!

Flash developers have taken a chunk of business away from HTML devs. This is partly why I think it stirs up lots of emotion. On the same note, HTML has made a nice comeback with jQuery and WordPress.

8239 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

sorry to come across so blunt but if you haven’t used a technology for 6 years then you can’t say you know it… the language has since been through 2 complete revisions and 3 new IDE ’s… you dont know flash at all. Whats worse is you dont know Flash or see Flash on the web because you dont want to, stop being so naive :( Flash is a technology which most people will experience on a day to day basis, just because you dont like it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t embrace it… most flash developers will have a thorough understanding of html/css/php but we prefer to use this tool to create far richer environments, yes html can do video but with so many people STILL using IE6 when can you rely on html being there for your video… whats that I hear, Flash to the rescue?

nicely said uncharteddreams :)

3047 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzhXMbOWHE

(sorry if it’s already been posted in this thread)

1125 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzhXMbOWHE (sorry if it’s already been posted in this thread)

hahaha…. I forgot about the other meaning of pad….

by
by
by
by
by
by