320 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
jwmcpeak says

A tablet appeals to me because of its size and capabilities. I’m a notes taker, and one of the things I absolutely hate about paper is how difficult it is to organize them into their logical groups. I take my notes in spirals, so I have notes on one topic spanning different pages in different spirals. That’s annoying.

Netbooks are the obvious current solution, but I hate typing my notes primarily because of the amount of time I spend formatting them. For example: starting a bulleted list requires clicks. Ending a bulleted list requires extra keystrokes. Making a piece of text a heading requires more keystrokes and/or some clicks. That’s annoying.

A tablet would give me the best of both worlds. I have the flexibility of written text while having the ability to store my notes in a logical manner… all while having a nice, thin and light form factor of just a touchscreen. Give me the ability to read documents, watch video, view photos, and connect wirelessly to a network, and you just gave me the device I’ll take everywhere with me.

3205 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

I just got a tablet netbook yesterday actually. Hehe It’s really great for reviewing, ‘nuff said :D

Mind you, I’m sure a lot of people will be watching what apple has in store for the 27th. I know I will. :)

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

I want the i7 or some serious multithreading proccesorrs with lot s of ram. powerbook. no shortcuts on a tablet

1173 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Motionreactor says
I want the i7 or some serious multithreading proccesorrs with lot s of ram. powerbook. no shortcuts on a tablet

What you are asking for is burning in your palms and lap and burning the battery out in no time.

851 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says

I’m super keen on the idea of a tablet. Something that’s in between a notebook and an iPhone sounds pretty good in my books. I think I’m mainly attracted to the idea for the coolness factor. But I’ve been toying with the idea of getting an e-book reader recently anyway + being able to watch movies, play games, surf the net on a bigger screen than an iPhone would be pretty cool. Who knows though! Might be completely wrong. But still excited :-)

193 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Roeven says

Apple has been registering an “iPad” trademark. There you have it Ivor, soon you’ll have to get your name changed. :P

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

I still don’t think that they’ll call it the iPad. MadTV has already made fun of that name. I’ll see if I can find the video somewhere. It’s pretty funny. :)

UPDATE : here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BUH9eXy18

158 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
furto says

Im not really sure that it will even be the perfect e-reader. You would probably want the ‘e-ink’ stuff so it doesnt kill your eyes as much and for that i would choose the ASUS e-reader that it has been showing off over the last few days.

http://hothardware.com/News/Asus-DR570-EReader-To-Bring-OLED-Display-Potentially-Change-The-Market/

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
Anywho, I hope its a new better iPhone cause i’m buying one very soon :P

im waiting for a new version on a iphone too..since its probably in the US, Verizon is going to sell the Iphone…

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
unchartedrealms says
What you are asking for is burning in your palms and lap and burning the battery out in no time.

ah yes but so does my current mackbook and need more portable power..

Or I need to just be able to not have to go into work so I can work at home and set up the dope studio desktop.. but then if I can work from home why not work on the road, or plane, train boat or beach with my i7 16 gig

by
by
by
by
by
by