2201 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

Guys, seriously…keep this ipad related or I will request a lock. I understand we all want to defend our cause here, but please keep the thread on track. Otherwise create your own thread about flash dying or not.

8229 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
Guys, seriously…keep this ipad related or I will request a lock. I understand we all want to defend our cause here, but please keep the thread on track. Otherwise create your own thread about flash dying or not.

sorry dude, yeah overall not impressed with it :(

little annoyed as well that theres nothing about macbook pro + i7 :x:(

alll that aside Man Utd beat Man City tonight :D :D I wonder if you can use the iPlayer on the iPad???

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

It would be cool if we can run local HTML in this iPad :)

1125 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

hey Ipad people over at apple are going to go after you like Adobe did to Flashden…. :)

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
hey Ipad people over at apple are going to go after you like Adobe did to Flashden…. :)

I don’t think so :P https://twitter.com/iPhone

5322 posts The Dude Abides
    Located in United States Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Just got an email about this and watched the video. For the average internet user who relies on the convenience of a laptop, this is going to be big. But it will need Microsoft Office to make a splash in the business world, and I wonder if Microsoft would oblige.

242 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ATLChris says
Just got an email about this and watched the video. For the average internet user who relies on the convenience of a laptop, this is going to be big. But it will need Microsoft Office to make a splash in the business world, and I wonder if Microsoft would oblige.

I agree with you, but I just don’t see people who only really browse the net spending $500.00 for this device. I think they will just get an iPod Touch or a full laptop. Casual internet browsers wont pay the Apple tax, well I don’t think so, this is just me speculating.

I like the new additions to the SDK though, iPhone users will benefit from this. The new SDK will allow VoIP calls over 3G! This is huge, I can now use Skype without WiFi, or atleast I will soon.

:-) I am really interested in the iPhone OS 4 .0. The iPad OS looks rushed. I think they just wanted to release something early in 2010, but the iPhone updates and the iPhone OS 4 .0 were not ready. I really think the next OS X mobile will be pretty sweet and will take advantage of what the iPad really has to offer. The processor they have in there is pretty nice considering no multitasking. I smell multi-tasking coming soon on OS X mobile 4.0.

382 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says

I don’t understand the fascination with multi-tasking on the iPhone (or any smartphone for that matter). Aside from applications that would play music in the background (radio, etc.), I don’t understand the need for it- why is it so hard to hit the home button, and then launch the next application you want to use?

242 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ATLChris says
I don’t understand the fascination with multi-tasking on the iPhone (or any smartphone for that matter). Aside from applications that would play music in the background (radio, etc.), I don’t understand the need for it- why is it so hard to hit the home button, and then launch the next application you want to use?

My main grip with it is GPS apps. If I am in my Navigon GPS application and I get a phone call, when I answer, it shutdown my GPS app, so when the call is over, I have to re open the program, which can take 30 seconds with some of the larger GPS apps. By then I have missed my next turn. Also, like you said, radio apps. I really which I could listen to Pandora and browse the net and reply to emails.

843 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says
Probably they will add the flash too… I can’t imagine how else they can name that thing a web browser without it. Even Jobs felt stupid when he ran into that Times web page where was an area with no content because of their lack of support. Plain stupid. So much for accessibility. The entire room was laughing.
They will not add flash because then people will make Flash apps and games, and take away revenue from the app store.

this argument just doesn’t make sense to me? How would a free flash game or flash file compete with an app you pay for? Even if you download a free app a dedicated app is different than a flash file that lives on the web.

by
by
by
by
by
by