I want the perfect e-reader. If it plays videos/music, and allows for web browsing too, that’s great. I think it’s ridiculous that we still utilize paper for books and money.
are you serious? printed media is always going to be around….
Apple has been registering an “iPad” trademark. There you have it Ivor, soon you’ll have to get your name changed.
lol…he will have to ..for sure
For me its not about the “iPad” itself ( if it will be it’s name ). But think about Apple enabling their software for touchscreens, i really wait for that since years. I think it would be very usefull for my needs in the studio, cant wait to work with Native Instruments Reaktor and alikes on a touchscreen instead of using a silly mouse
Have fun all of you
For me its not about the “iPad” itself ( if it will be it’s name ). But think about Apple enabling their software for touchscreens, i really wait for that since years. I think it would be very usefull for my needs in the studio, cant wait to work with Native Instruments Reaktor and alikes on a touchscreen instead of using a silly mouseHave fun all of you
I do agree the audio will be way fresh.. I bet the audio section of the demo will be cool
sitting on the couch tapping the drup pads buck.. car mounts oh my
I don’t understand all this hype, neither. I recently bought a Sony e-reader and I’m glad I did. For those of you who have never read on a device like that, let me say that the main advantage of this devices is the e-ink, because:
- it doesn’t hurt your eyes even if you read for a long period of time, because it’s not back-lit (it’s not lit at all)
- can be perfectly read on a sunny day under direct light, and it doesn’t reflect anything.
- high contrast values similar to those of real paper (getting closer every day)
- battery lasts for about a month, even it depends of how much you read of course (it only consumes battery on page refresh; so, once you have a page showing on screen, it doesn’t burn your battery even if you stare at it for a week In fact, battery lasts about 8000 page-turns (refreshes)
- You can even listen to music while you read with the built-in mp3 player!
- Weight is around 200gr
- You can watch pictures on it
The negative part, is that this technology doesn’t allow color displays, so you’re left with different shades of gray. But, believe me: there is no way reading on an OLED / LCD screen can compare to reading on an e-ink device.
So, basically: you have laptops, iphones, and e-readers, each of them built and useful for what they were thought. I just don’t see a use for this kind of devices like the slates.
To me iSlates are an evolutionary step towards a far more flexible type of device, perhaps quite literally digital paper that you’ll be able to fold up and put in your bad and it’ll weigh 50g. There’s clearly a niche market for the slate, however I don’t think it will be in as ubiquitous demand as laptops or iPhones. It’s too limited in its functions at this stage. Besides, who wants yet another screen in their homes?
I think it’s ridiculous that we still utilize paper for books and money.are you serious? printed media is always going to be around….
There would not be enough trees in the world if the same % of people read a daily newspaper in China as we do in the UK. Paper is simply not sustainable once emerging markets start demanding the same luxuries we have.
Whatever Apple will unveil… I’m sure they have the best way to sell it to you. They are masters on that. It doesn’t matter if you need it or not. After their presentation you will want it!
UPDATE : here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BUH9eXy18
Now that is rude.. It’s funny but it’s rude.
I just want to ask some questions to clear my mind here. What has the e-reader that a notebook deosn’t have? What is so special about this things?..again i’m asking this couse i really don’t know.
At this point i know that an e-reader is like an electronic library, see some movies and maybe some pictures, things that you can do on a notebook (and much more). And if it doesn’t have anything special why should anyone buy one of this things, just to have some extra weight or spend money?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.