72 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Bulgaria
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
lumberjackbg says

2 years ago, when Joomla 1.5 was still alive, I made my last template. My work took a different direction since then and I lelf Joomla. But…
Now I would like to catch up what is lost.
There are several responsive frameworks for Joomla 3.x. My question is wich one of them is the most intuitive and friendly for designers:
1. Gantry
2. T3
3. (pure) Bootstrap
4. ?

When I was working with J1.5 Gantry was full of half-baked code, T3 used to work perfectly with K2, but K2 itself was a CSS hell. Bootstrap did not exist. What is your advice?

1243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

With all respect, I don’t know nothing about those frameworks and coding. You can get a real feedback if you ask in TF or CC. Here we are mostly designers.

115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
+1 more
erwin_schro says

I would say it depends on what you’re after is it for multipurposes or just simple one (or three) page(s) blog/portfolio template.

If only for simple one, I’d prefer ‘no-framework’ framework as I might don’t need so much module positions, color options, fonts, layout builder etc..

but if you’re look after for multipurpose kinda template, a framework would be better.

I like Helix but the documentation a bit outdated (was…not sure now…not check it yet) and it’s a little bit hard to change the layout output as we want. T3 also could be a choice…

72 posts
  • Located in Bulgaria
+1 more
lumberjackbg says

Thank you! I post this thread here not coincidentally. I am a designer too, not a coder, and I would like to know what do other designers think. I just want to change my web portfolio and become more blog-active. And because I like Joomla freedom, I’m asking for other designer’s opinions.
... going to check what Helix can do :)

72 posts
  • Located in Bulgaria
+1 more
lumberjackbg says

Helix is good enough. Thank you for mentioning it!

115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
erwin_schro says

Yeap that’s why many authors prefer to use it…as it’s template parameters/options could be higher the price a little bit ;)

72 posts
  • Located in Bulgaria
+1 more
lumberjackbg says

Wow!
2 days after my first touch to Helix, I am in love with it! It is excellent!

213 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+2 more
h2theme says

Warp frame is very nice,But it is very old now :( Warp 7 dose not realsed yet for developer also.

192 posts Quality Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeRox says

We are using Gantry and Helix. But helix2 is really amazing. The people specially the team made it really nice. Very easy to work and customize.We also can contribute their documentation. We already made some documentation on helix. Hope we will give that to the team to publish on their blog. But my advice is to use Helix2. Thanks

2 posts
  • Located in Bangladesh
joomshaper says

Hi, we are the creator of Helix V2 Framework. Right now we are working hard for the documentation. Well, we are a small team and appreciate anyone contribution for the documentation.

If anyone really wants to contribute ( Thanks ThemeRox ) then I can create a Skype group where we can discuss more on this.

Note: We are also working for some new features for the developers ( Specially for TF authors ).

Regards Kowshar Ahmed CEO, JoomShaper

by
by
by
by
by
by