• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

That would be nice to have the option and the liberty to approve comments on our item before they land on the page.

I saw Hein’s work today and I feel sorry for him, he’s being attacked for nothing and this will harm his sale for sure. I don’t agree 100% with him on the PSD thing or whatever but I don’t think he deserve such thing.

Being able to filtrate comments should be allowed because anybody can ruin a file by harrassing the author.

What you guys think ?

8114 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

this could be abused by authors though leaving only nice comments about the file when buyers have actually had problems with it…

2317 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

I have seen it, but i dont think it would be a good idea. You would only read the good stuff. On long term this can cause buyers to leave.

2952 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

Maybe only buyers who bought the theme can bypass the approval ?

10 minute after my theme went online , someone posted a comment saying its not working with IE7 , wich isnt true at all .. the theme is 100% perfect .. so I asked the guy to send me a screenshot , here is his response when he realized the theme was working on IE7 :

HAHA you just fixed it haha, you prick you knew it didn’t work.

Having a comments saying the theme doesnt work when it’s not true can seriously affect sales.

81 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Indonesia
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
petshopbox says

Why not reply back the the untrue comment and state that your theme is correctly displayed in IE7 and post a nice screenshot. After all the comment allow . Or you can update the theme description.

so, minus 1 from me.

3145 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Canada
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says
Why not reply back the the untrue comment and state that your theme is correctly displayed in IE7 and post a nice screenshot. After all the comment allow . Or you can update the theme description. so, minus 1 from me.

Agreed, your best defense there is a rational and polite response correcting the poster’s misunderstanding and any potential buyer will immediately see that you are right and the poster is wrong. You make yourself look good that way, so you effectively win the argument by being diplomatic and tactful rather than sweeping things under the rug.

2952 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
Why not reply back the the untrue comment and state that your theme is correctly displayed in IE7 and post a nice screenshot. After all the comment allow . Or you can update the theme description. so, minus 1 from me.
Agreed, your best defense there is a rational and polite response correcting the poster’s misunderstanding and any potential buyer will immediately see that you are right and the poster is wrong. You make yourself look good that way, so you effectively win the argument by being diplomatic and tactful rather than sweeping things under the rug.

I’m not seeing it that way. A post saying my theme doesnt work can only be bad even If I prove that the other guy is wrong. Even I , who made the theme , doubt about it. I really looked at it again in IE7 and ask some friend to do so .. so imagine the buyers , he will doubt too .. why would someone say it doesnt work if it does ?

• Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Won a Competition
  • Canada
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says
so imagine the buyers , he will doubt too ..

Not if it works for them! (and you have explained and proved there’s no error, right?) ;):)

But yes, to cut to the chase, if any posts are proved false, then it will get taken down. I mean, if it’s wrong, it’s wrong.

2952 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
so imagine the buyers , he will doubt too ..
Not if it works for them! (and you have explained and proved there’s no error, right?) ;):)

I totally understand what you mean , the thing is … we don’t need that kind of comments on our item .. the less we have , the better it is :) People should be able to make their own idea .. and if the star rating system would be better , they could relate on this instead of the comments of Mr. Nobody. :)

• Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Won a Competition
  • Canada
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says

In case you missed it I had added to my comment right when you posted I think. ;):)

Comments that are blatantly wrong will be removed. Those that are more subjective experiences of the buyers will be duly considered, and buyers do have the right to recount the experiences with their purchased products, good or bad. That’s just a fact of life here ultimately. What’s not tolerated or course, is when negative experience are expressed using abusive language or hostilities, despite any frustration. There’s no place for that anywhere. At the end of the day it usually ends up being a case by case issue. That’s why the flagged comments are reviewed. Bottom line, you can’t always please everyone, and you have to roll with the punches and have faith in your work and your decent clientele.

by
by
by
by
by
by