• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
In case you missed it I had added to my comment right when you posted I think. ;):) Comments that are blatantly wrong will be removed. Those that are more subjective experiences of the buyers will be duly considered, and buyers do have the right to recount the experiences with their purchased products, good or bad. That’s just a fact of life here ultimately. What’s not tolerated or course, is when negative experience are expressed using abusive language or hostilities, despite any frustration. There’s no place for that anywhere. At the end of the day it usually ends up being a case by case issue. That’s why the flagged comments are reviewed. Bottom line, you can’t always please everyone, and you have to roll with the punches and have faith in your work and your decent clientele.

+1 :)

patrickjansendesign
patrickjansendesign Recent Posts Threads Started
154 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
patrickjansendesign says

Every author will run into non-welcome comments at some point. Wether the comment is wrong, right, unfounded, subjective, from a lack of knowledge, or even irrelevant, I think the best way to go is simply answer them. From our (authors) point of view, our files are always “correct” and “working properly”, and if they’re not we fix them. We have nothing to hide or hush, so why do so? Be to-the point, explain your thoughs and opinions and let interpretation up to the readers. That’s all you can and should do.

160 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
stmcan says

maybe other people can rate the comments! just an idea!

3671 posts Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

-1. As said before, the only correct way to battle bad comments, is by simply winning the argument. If someone says stuff doesn’t work, prove them wrong. If someone can’t open the file, tell them how to. In the end, you’ll only look better: people see how professionally you’ve taken care of issues. :D

92 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Toushi says

Or you could just report the comment.

4247 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

Abused by many? HaH!

Thats funny. Because I decided to delete my old files because anybody with an opinion felt they were important enough to be heard and couldn’t help but to leave one there. Most of them had stories, almost entire books. It was like I had a library full of the saddest and most unreasonable and plainly selfish so-called advice as to how I should design everything I do. And they could never be satisfied until they have milked you to the last of your supply. Anyway, if they hadn’t left their opinions about how they think I should design things that they weren’t even interested in buying at all, I wouldn’t regret having joined this place. Customers aren’t worth listening to. My recent sales show that. They said simple and functional. They said original and unique. They said useful and customizable. But, why mention my past works on my new file comments? Why offer critique about how I should make it like other templates if you want originality, freshness, and uniqueness? Their opinions aren’t refined enough to make any sense out of their fickleness and confusing so-called advice. I say it is a good idea to allow anyone the option to alter the comments about their files by being able to choose whether to show any kind of opinion of the buyer or non buyer or advice giver, or window shoppers. Because sometimes the opinions of others are useless. Or even more so, they are harmful to any type of progress and success.

If you’re not gonna buy it, don’t leave a comment. I don’t need critique. I don’t need compliments, because compliments do not serve the purpose of earning me cash. And I don’t even need to hear how any customer is satisfied or happy or glad to have done business with me. Buy it. Use it. And move on. Or don’t buy it. Turn away, and without giving the slightest hint of your thoughts or feelings, again, move on.

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
If you’re not gonna buy it, don’t leave a comment. I don’t need critique.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
527 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
LeatherwingStudios says
If you’re not gonna buy it, don’t leave a comment. I don’t need critique. I don’t need compliments, because compliments do not serve the purpose of earning me cash.

+1 :)

the comments/help requests/fanboy praise/etc. should be in a separate forum from the items. that way it doesn’t clutter up the item page and any incorrect comments could be better moderated. a potential buyer would not be distracted by these comments yet they would be available if they desired more info.

once an author has gained a certain status at FD (and not some ridiculously high level; just enough to show they are serious sellers) give the author the ability to remove any 2 comments on every one of their items without staff review (this would include a whole string of comments from the same user on the same item)

keep the ratings on the item page but make them subject to review as well. if a reasonable reason is not given for a 1-star rating drop that rating, etc.

also rate the commentors and use that in “weighting” their ratings. for example, if DS gives my item a 1-star that should count double in my total. on the other hand, if a new user who has not sold or bought anything here rates my item it should not count very much at all.

and FD should make another button where I can send private comments easily to the author. maybe like a trouble ticket system so I can review our conversation like in a forum but privately. several times I have comments that I personally feel would be helpful to the author but I don’t leave them publicly because they are intended to be positive critiques that can help and I don’t want them to sound negative and hurt sales.

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
graphic4444 says

I agree with the post above, or at least SOME moderation of comments, because otherwise unethical guys selling similar files will register another email account (using proxy) and post flames, eg a video flash author flaming another flash author, and repeating this, which hurts sales unfairly.

there should be some degree of control, eg buyers get much more “say” to leave feedback, than just anyone who registers anonymously here, to protect you authors from each other, lol (and true!) and from malicious stupid comments from dumb users, of which there’s a lot… this is people’s livelihoods, and it’s not fair to wreck 5-10 hours+ of programmers’ work posting a file here, that any anonymous idiot can damage sales for… on my forums etc I moderate everything 100% before it appears.

i feel bad for authors that get unfair negative comments (probably from drunk idiots or competitors), because you guys work really hard, a lot of you, and it’s not fair to have some punk damage your sales for no good reason. * Moderation is a Necessity (or at least from non-buyers).*

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

I’m glad you guys think like me.

by