Just a heads up on this new script I developed to resize/crop/scale images uploaded through WordPress.
It uses WordPress built-in functions so it’s completely native.
Some of the features:
- Completely native – uses WP’s built-in functions
- Works both on single or multisite install
- Easy to use, just feed in the URL
- Lightweight – can be minified down to +/- 50 lines of code
- Only process image once, then return the URL if the image already resized
- Options to crop, soft-crop, array return etc.
I have supplied a little write-up about it on WPExplorer.
I really hope WP authors will find it useful and adopt it into their themes.
With the script resizing it’s so simple and straightforward, e.g.:
<img src="<?php echo aq_resize($image_url, $width, $height) ?>"/>
It gets saved to the uploads directory and will just retrieve the url if the cropped image is already there = fast + easy + secure and overall just plain efficient.
More examples here – https://github.com/sy4mil/Aqua-Resizer/wiki/Examples
Looks bloody good!
Will definitely have to try this out in the next project, thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much for SMOF and for this.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.