308 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

I was just curious so I checked about the whole first page of wordpress themes and every single author was exclusive. Now i’m just wondering if there are any of you out there that are non exclusive and maybe sell your themes on your own websites also. Anyone? :P

554 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Shaktal says

I’ve seen some non-exclusive authors on GraphicRiver, but now I come to think about it, I’ve never seen any non-exclusive authors on Themeforest. :P

Makes sense to be purely exclusive though, especially since the Envato Marketplaces have such a high buyer volume. :)

1182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

i’m sure i noticed someone. I don’t remember if it was TF or a different marketplace

61 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Mike343 says

magentist is not exclusive.

659 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
luckykind says

If there’s an “idea box” out there in Envato land… I’d like to put “a note” in it and ask that exclusivity be based on the item… and not by the Author…

This would be beneficial for us Authors especially for categories that don’t get as much attention as other categories here… and for older items in Authors portfolios… It’s also beneficial for Envato…

(eg. An Author makes their Wordpress Template exclusive here… but decides their Joomla Template would sell better at “Joomla-Templates-R-Us”... right now they have to actually take their Joomla template down from the marketplace… depleting the category and no $$$ for Envato… if they were able to just mark that Joomla Template as non-exclusive… the category doesn’t get depleted and Envato makes some $$$)

... makes sense to me.

315 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
bitpub says
If there’s an “idea box” out there in Envato land… I’d like to put “a note” in it and ask that exclusivity be based on the item… and not by the Author…

This would be beneficial for us Authors especially for categories that don’t get as much attention as other categories here… and for older items in Authors portfolios… It’s also beneficial for Envato…

(eg. An Author makes their Wordpress Template exclusive here… but decides their Joomla Template would sell better at “Joomla-Templates-R-Us”... right now they have to actually take their Joomla template down from the marketplace… depleting the category and no $$$ for Envato… if they were able to just mark that Joomla Template as non-exclusive… the category doesn’t get depleted and Envato makes some $$$)

... makes sense to me.

But what happens if Joomla-Templates-R-Us requires exclusivity as well? :D

738 posts
  • Located in United States
Jar says

I don’t see why I’d ever prefer absolute exclusivity (the author method) vs. per item. Although I have no plans to sell templates anywhere else so of course I will choose exclusivity, but the option to not is still there which is nice.

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Well that’s a good one, i dont thing there are a lot of no-exclusief authors here.

I know that OXYLUS is an no-exclusive author.

19 posts
  • Located in United States
boogaboo says

Find a marketplace, that you can sell your work like envato marketplace… and can compete ENVATO !!!

Answer: Only Envato!!!

So, why you want to be non-exclusive:P

by
by
by
by
by
by