62 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
thememassive says

Hello,

I’ve believed that flat bright colors is the trend nowadays as we’ve seen a lot of famous websites using it and a lot of articles written about it (like: http://line25.com/articles/the-rising-trend-of-bright-flat-colors-in-web-design). But here in themeforest or at least in the wordpress section I’ve noticed that not a lot of themes are using them.

Is it because authors are not using it, or the reviewers just don’t like it? Also what in your opinion is more acceptable by the reviewers, as far as colors are concerned, flat, bright, washed, or just old ‘normal’ colors.

Thank you in advance.

382 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

I don’t know where you’ve got this impression, but most of the themes from the last months are flat. All of our themes are flat designed :)

2293 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Yup I agree it’s been a popular trend here for pretty much as long as flat design became a trend – lots and lots to choose from.

62 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
thememassive says

Thanks for your comments and I agree with you guys that flat ‘designs’ with minimum or no gradient and box-shadow and so on are a trend nowadays and even in themeforest. But I’ve noticed that a lot of the themes do not use those typical flat bright colors that is usually associated with flat design.

Let me know if this is true or what kind of colors are actually more acceptable in themeforest or used by many.

Thanks again and regards.

by
by
by
by
by
by