3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
kivig says

Hi, Are simple things like particle cloud, animated fluid vortex texture, animated depthmaps, bump-maps etc. not selling well or is it out of Videohive business model to accept those? Because I don’t see them in search results.

Background: I’m mostly doing 3D and packshots. When the deadline is close it becomes compelling to look in stocks for materials. But my orders are usually storyboarded thus not the kind where you can just put appropriately themed imagery inside – it have to be exact, so only usable elements out there are greyscale masks, video textures, etc. elements that are not the complete picture and have no exact meaning on their own.

I did a search for particle sphere/ball and I got every particle sphere imaginable but not a single plain rotating sphere of dots ready to be used as mask. Only some fancy blurs and effects that are already themed and require time to isolate the needed material.

So I thought I’ll give it a shot, as if I want to buy it, somebody should also. For a test I made a simple particle cloud and it got rejected for “quality”. There’s not much quality that can be or not be there – it’s just a particle cloud. This made me wonder if they really don’t sell or is it stock policy?

The cloud mask [1.22M]: http://www.visnevskis.com/fileadmin/ball-particles.flv

435 posts butlerm.com
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+10 more
butlerm says

Unfortunately I think what you are talking about (based on your preview video) is actually to simple to sell. For instance I am pretty sure I could get that exact result in maybe 3-4 minutes of work. So if I needed to reproduce something similar under a quick deadline I would just create it instead of spending extra time looking for something to buy.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
kivig says

Perhaps you’re right in this case. But do technical elements, not bearing aesthetic qualities on their own get accepted?

5069 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Rarely. I think that this might work as a pack. Perhaps 20 or 30 items bundled together that will be useful for the 3D artist. If you explain this to the reviewer and also put it in your description, I can’t see why this wouldn’t get past the review process. For instance, I have a motion graphic called 20 arrows that sells okay. But I suspect that if I had just uploaded one of those 20 graphics, that it would have been rejected on similar grounds.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
kivig says

@butlerm @felt_tips Thanks!

1000 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+3 more
baf2681 Reviewer says

what felt said. Packs of multiple clips is the way to go with loop elements like this.

by
by
by
by
by
by