• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
ThemeVan says

Yes, I think so. Many themes is looks similar, especially Portfolio themes.

21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
amabil says

So, the common themes should be allowed at the market place and not refused because of being common. Correct?
No. I was trying to say that themes should be unique in a discreet and open way.
10 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Belgium
MagentaManiacs says

Copycats sell, original stuff is risky. Where would you invest your time? We’re also talking about stock items, which need to please as much people as possible. Though some authors have their own style even even if they share the same wireframe. I’ve seen hidden gems which deserve some more exposure as also ugly ripoffs which shouldn’t even been approved.
Actually, as a designer, I do chose the hard way. Sometimes it works, even more times you get the door slammed right in your face ;)
10 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Belgium
MagentaManiacs says

So, the common themes should be allowed at the market place and not refused because of being common. Correct?
No. I was trying to say that themes should be unique in a discreet and open way.
That actually sounds good.
631 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
UBLThemes says

How many colors exist to paint your home walls? Unlimited… but in the end everybody is using those 4/5 colors. Same is for wp themes. We all like new and different things, but when you have to sell a theme to your clients they will ask you something that looks familiar, like a white wall.

+1 great answer

255 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
PersianArt says

Copycats sell, original stuff is risky. Where would you invest your time? We’re also talking about stock items, which need to please as much people as possible. Though some authors have their own style even even if they share the same wireframe. I’ve seen hidden gems which deserve some more exposure as also ugly ripoffs which shouldn’t even been approved.

I agree with this that very bad design, very simple. ununique simply approved but another theme reject for this reason, each flower has own scent.

we can see themes in 10 top theme, simple, bad design…. but now they are in top because people like these. we can not tell to people what must to like or buy, different people have different taste and uniqueness in 0-100 must not standard of approval.

the standard must be only in technical Issues not aesthetic and coloring. african people loves thing that may be asian east people did not like it. and this is a reason that why some themes However are very simple, wrong design, ununique but have good sale.

I wrote this because I create 1 theme 8-9 month ago with complete admin panel http://themes.massoudjoveini.com/unique/ and until now I changed 3 time overall design and +6 time for improve but after 10 times this theme can not put in the site and every time time is a new excuse. (current minimum technical quality requirements, similar theme, aesthetic …).

it is not very pro or very unique…. but in compare with themes that any day are being accepted is not worse.

I really did not know, what I must do. when I see the accepted theme in site, really can not find the reason of theme rejecting. I did not understand reviewers purpose. I spend my real time, no free time for this to obtain money but after 8-9 month I have no anything.

also I capture image from home page of one theme that is now in top 10 and add 2-3 month ago, and in it point to some wrong, when they reject my theme for many time, but only response to me was this “Unfortunately, we are unable to compare/contrast items that have already been accepted. Also, all of our reviews are final and cannot be appealed”.

really now I did not know rejecting my theme is fair, just, impartial or not?

14 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ShapingRain says

While some themes just break the boundaries of Wordpress, showing off what an amazing CMS it has become, the last months a lot of submitted themes look almost identically.

It’s not only Wordpress. We just released a theme that in it’s category sold well during the last 2 weeks. As it’s our first theme, we were very happy with the feedback.

[link removed]

And now this theme has been released, by someone else:

[link removed]

There goes originality.

1365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Now that’s funny in a sad way :D:D:(:(

322 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
designova says

Design unique stuffs, you get satisfaction and good sales if you are lucky. Design common stuffs, you get some sales and never a satisfaction. Love to go with the first :) coz after all, its a great feeling when you look at your own portfolio of goodness!

When each theme -> viewers comment “great work buddy, one of its own kind”, we get pleasure :)

322 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
designova says

I agree with this that very bad design, very simple. ununique simply approved but another theme reject for this reason, each flower has own scent.

we can see themes in 10 top theme, simple, bad design…. but now they are in top because people like these. we can not tell to people what must to like or buy, different people have different taste and uniqueness in 0-100 must not standard of approval.

the standard must be only in technical Issues not aesthetic and coloring. african people loves thing that may be asian east people did not like it. and this is a reason that why some themes However are very simple, wrong design, ununique but have good sale.

I wrote this because I create 1 theme 8-9 month ago with complete admin panel http://themes.massoudjoveini.com/unique/ and until now I changed 3 time overall design and +6 time for improve but after 10 times this theme can not put in the site and every time time is a new excuse. (current minimum technical quality requirements, similar theme, aesthetic …).

it is not very pro or very unique…. but in compare with themes that any day are being accepted is not worse.

I really did not know, what I must do. when I see the accepted theme in site, really can not find the reason of theme rejecting. I did not understand reviewers purpose. I spend my real time, no free time for this to obtain money but after 8-9 month I have no anything.

also I capture image from home page of one theme that is now in top 10 and add 2-3 month ago, and in it point to some wrong, when they reject my theme for many time, but only response to me was this “Unfortunately, we are unable to compare/contrast items that have already been accepted. Also, all of our reviews are final and cannot be appealed”.

really now I did not know rejecting my theme is fair, just, impartial or not?

7 months ago when we submitted our first theme here, it got rejected after 9 rounds of reviews :) and now when we look back to that theme we feel how worse it was and how much better we learned. Come’on, each review comments keeps us improve 10 times better than we do as our own. We do feel it and now we are happy to have a shiny Black Paw within 2.5 months here :) credit goes to reviewers. If you try your level best you have no boundaries :) good luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by