What on earth is going on with H.264, patents, and video encoding on the web?
That’s my question too. It seems that Using H.264 to distribute free internet video to end users doesn’t cost a thing, and won’t cost anything until at least 2015.
This article is very interesting. It seems we gotta pay for use the H.264 codec now..really?
Thank you for this link! I hope it’s not. And if this happen I will go for move Jpeg.
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
- Beta Tester
- Microlancer Beta Tester
article is 3 years old…. H.265 will be come the norm before to long