• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

I didn’t see a post on this yet, but anyhow – as authors here on ThemeForest, are you considering developing Ghost themes? Do you see it as a viable platform to make decent $$ at, or are you sticking to your roots?

1400 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

I don’t find it interesting, it’s focus is mainly on blog and blog only and that seems boring to me (from developer side).

317 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

Right now, the income is very low from this, the platform being so young and feature-free. Did a theme for the competition, have another one in the works.

I do believe in the potential of Ghost despite its lack of features now and what better thing to do than to grow along with it if you wish to master it?! That’s how I see it anyway. Right now it feels a lot like a designer-friendly open-source Tumblr.

Thing is, without an jnstaller simple as WordPress’ it will be hard for them to reach their intended audience: people that don’t want to bother with too much tech, but write more.

416 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

I like the idea of simple themes/execution with Ghost, just don’t think those type of themes would sell too good. Even on WordPress, creating simple-ish/minimal themes barely yields a decent return (now-a-days). There’s just too much pressure from the swiss-army-knife themes/customers out there.

I do think theres a market for Ghost, but it’s a bit too small for me/my team to learn, invest, release products & train some support people to handle the requests.

416 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

Right now, the income is very low from this, the platform being so young and feature-free. Did a theme for the competition, have another one in the works.

I do believe in the potential of Ghost despite its lack of features now and what better thing to do than to grow along with it if you wish to master it?! That’s how I see it anyway. Right now it feels a lot like a designer-friendly open-source Tumblr.

Thing is, without an jnstaller simple as WordPress’ it will be hard for them to reach their intended audience: people that don’t want to bother with too much tech, but write more.

Exactly, even though I would say their target market is the tech suave/designers/developers who love simplicity/minimal/markdown stuffs/want to stay up to date with new tech – which is in itself interesting because a lot of those type of individuals would probably be able to set up something comparable in little time – without having to learn more stuff (or already have a decent blog).

Just my thoughts :)

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

As a new format it already seems way too saturated for the amount of customers, I’ll wait until the customer base bumps up a bit

317 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

It ain’t targeted at designers/developers with a minimalism-sweet-tooth. :) We made it look like it during this competition :))

If you check out their post editor you’ll see exactly who it targets. If follows editiong patters and shortcuts from famous writing software to keep in line with writers’ habits. I guess we’ll see how it evolves cause 0.4.0 is on the pipeline for this december with quite a bunch of new features and a Plugin API.

1388 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

If you’re already thinking about it , it will be best to upload one as soon as possible while the section isn’t too crowded.

339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
kevinhamil says

The opportunity was great for me because one of my goals for this year was to cross over into TF.. creating a Ghost theme was simple enough to fulfill that and get me moving in the right direction to get me over here more.

So yeah :) I did make one and will probably make more. Have to keep my eye on the upcoming features.

3249 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

They have a hosted service in the planning for this..

by
by
by
by
by
by