407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
envato says

If you like the work of a particular author, why not follow them? By following authors, you can see their newest items on the right hand side of the home page when you’re logged in. It’s an easy way to keep up to date with the newest and best items on all the marketplaces every time you log in.

How do I follow authors?

To follow a particular author, simply visit their user page and click the Follow button on the right hand side. Once you are following an author, you will begin to see their items for sale on your home page within the grid to the right hand side of the page. Simply click on the thumbnail to view the full item page.

If you no longer wish to follow an author (ie. no longer see their items on your home page), go back to their user page and click Unfollow. Simple as that!

How can I encourage others to follow me?

If you’re an author, having as many people following you as possible is a great way to gain lots of exposure for your files! If you want to request that members follow you, you can use the Follow Link:

http://themeforest.net/user/[usernamehere]/follow

All you need to do is place your username where it says [usernamehere] and any member who clicks on the link will automatically be following you!

Please ensure you make it clear what the “Follow” link is for whenever using it.

More questions?

Don’t forget to refer to the Envato Wiki if you have additional questions.

Click here to see full post: http://blog.themeforest.net/site-news/are-you-following-your-favorite-authors/

48 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
xyxjasilixyx says

Follow me :)

107 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
colorit says

I use their RSS feed – more comfortable ;-)

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
jono says

look i have to tell you im pretty annoyed

Ive spent the better part of 24hrs going through the wordpress themes on this site and there hasnt been 1 that has been released without issues.

Its just NON STOP PROBLEMS

why in the hell would i buy wordpress theme which doesnt work from this place????

Either get your wordpress people to sort there crap up or close up shop, seriously!

Most of them are uploading only to get leads back to their sites, and they have no intention of providing quality

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
look i have to tell you im pretty annoyed

Ive spent the better part of 24hrs going through the wordpress themes on this site and there hasnt been 1 that has been released without issues.

Its just NON STOP PROBLEMS

why in the hell would i buy wordpress theme which doesnt work from this place????

Either get your wordpress people to sort there crap up or close up shop, seriously!

Most of them are uploading only to get leads back to their sites, and they have no intention of providing quality

Say what?? Just because you’re not satisfied with a WordPress theme it doesn’t mean that you have the rights to insult the other authors. Please don’t be disrespectful.

That said, there’s a LOT of great quality WP themes in here, I’m not only an author but also a customer. Period.

107 posts
  • Located in Europe
colorit says

@ jono

I never had any problems here with themes or authors. 99% are absolute reliable and helpful.

Surely, it happens sometimes, that I (!) have problems with a theme (to make it work or to change anything), but even then the authors have helped me so much, even then, if the problem is my not perfect understanding of Wordpress, and not their theme.

It is necessary to make a difference: do you have problems with a theme or does the theme really contain errors.

But this happens, too … there are a lot of browsers in WWW , a lot of browser bugs causes a lot of work to the authors and maybe that the one or the other has overlooked some small adjustement to this.

But this costs you just a mail to the author, this special one, whose theme you by yourself get not to work. And I try to bet with you, if you send a polite request for help, he will help you as soon as he can.

I’ve bought here so many wordpress themes here and had so much good work together with the authors, if I have problems with the theme or wish to change something. And the quality here at themeforest/envato is really high! I was really pleasantly surprised about this fact.

And now, I’m watching only themeforest for new themes – nowhere else. And I can highly recommend this platform – and its helpful authors.

630 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

I personally dont follow authors on Envato because I prefer to follow them on Twitter. No offence guys but it’s easier for me. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by