157 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
MahmoudDeiab says

I think I’m happy being a web designer :D Well, I started off the last year, now I’m 15! Take a look at my first design :

Looks so funny, right ?

Here’s my latest one

Still not that good, but I’m improving though!

Take it easy on yourself while developing yourself to reach the best of your ability, you don’t have to be prefect to succeed, just be yourself!

Wish you all luck :D

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
527 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
LeatherwingStudios says

I want to toss out one more thought and this one goes in a big way to the younger designers out there! It is one of my pet peeves!!!

Spelling and grammar are extremely important!

When we are considering candidates for projects or employment this is huge! You can have the best design ever and if you misspell a word (especially in a header or other prominent location) we will reject you every time because it demonstrates that you 1) are not a good writer and/or 2) you did not care enough to look up the words and spell them correctly for your presentation.

And I know there are lots of reasons (excuses) that will sound reasonable to you.

“I’m only 18.”
“I do not have a college degree.”
“This is not my primary language.”
“I work really cheap.”
“This is just a quick and dirty example.”

None of these reasons matter because there will always be someone out there who will put in the extra effort and they will beat you out every time! If you do something that has your name on it and it will be shown to others it should be proofed and corrected for spelling and grammar. No exceptions!

If you settle for lower quality in your work then you always have to settle for lower quality projects! Even when submitting to ActiveDen you will experience more rejections and/or lower sales and prices if you do not heed this advice.

84 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Creative32 says

Hey AD,

I think the best advice is to believe in yourself. One can achieve wonders, take advantage of your youth :) Don’t stay in the same boat for too long, because you can stretch, when I started doing logos a few years back, I never thought I would get the chance to work with so many talented programmers and start projects I could never have dreamed of before.

Cheers, Qiming

56 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
lukadadiani says

Well personally i am still a student but i love, the little extra revenue allows me to buy stuff like iPhones and etc… That’s never bad. It is my personal opinion that graphic design is a very good thing to have on the side, basically know it make some templates and a little extra money, but unless you are really good at it or really love it, than don’t get involved in it as a career, but it seems as though you do so its up to u!

All I can tell you is just dedicate a couple hours maybe just one a day to learning whatever you want and eventually you will learn it just be patient

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says
You have to try and balance all things in life. Make time for the things you love to do, but don’t forget to prioritise and don’t forget to enjoy yourself whilst you are young. There are so many options and possibilities in the modern world, that really we are all suffering from information overload. Don’t let this weigh you down, remember to do what feels right now and stop worrying too much about the future… for which you cannot control, and noone actually knows what it will look like anyway.

Totally agreed with you Motionreactor, i was going to write something like this to the fellow since the question was; ‘Are you happy enough’.

Believe me, you wont be happy as a designer/developer alone. Like Motionreactor said, life is about finding the ‘middle line’ ‘the balance’, i know this sounds odd at your age but really think it trough before ‘deciding’ at age 14. You can easily become a ‘designer and developer’ and become happy with it, and next become a pilot or whatever, if you love to do it you can do it. Period, there is no one and nothing stopping you from doing the things you want to do.

Live for the moment youngster, have fun enjoy life while your living.

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
maxxed says

There are many great points of view.

Personally I tore my parents Windows 95 computer down to the frame in the first month at age 16. I have been hooked every since. Started with HTML 3 , Navigator, etc… and never looked back,

These days I am 32 and a Director of Information Technology and Communications for a publicly traded international company.

Just for fun I crank out web applications,... some of which I get a little coin for.

I don’t know everything, I can only speak from my experiences. What I can say is a disciplinary approach to learning technology has treated me very well over the years.You will be surprised at the wealth of information that becomes available as you are bulldozing your way to your goals.

WORK HARD ,.. PLAY HARDER = the good thing for us is that TECH WORK is PLAY !

Go Nerds! lol

157 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
MahmoudDeiab says

Albert Einstein says “If A is success in life, then A equals x plus Y plus Z. Work is X; Y is play ; and Z is keeping your mouth shut”

Just live your life as a teenager, don’t ever miss the best days in your life :)

Let everything takes its time to grow up, provide the proper conditions for it to grow up, and let it grow up its self!

I suggest you watch this movie, Ambition to Meaning: Finding your Life’s Purposes It’s a really nice movie! highly recommended!

Good luck :D

153 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
AphroditeDesign says

Its interesting how people look on life diffirent. Thanks all.

by
by
by
by
by
by