139 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
nugas says

Hi guys. Sad to say, I’ve been so much frustrated lately. I used to say money follows you if you have the skill. But today, I have to run after the money. Things are changing for me ! I made few improvements in videohive lately but videohive does not seem to make any improvements for me .. I know it takes time, but I might not have time. But I’ll try my best between these days to give it all my best. I know how inlifethrill was few years back. He still has an item that’s sold only 5 times. We all can guess how much effort and time he has put to conquer.

Anyway, it’s not only about me. There are many people who are feeling the same; who are still struggling. So, if people like videomagnus, inlifethrill, uniquefx, steve314, placdarms, dorde, wayman, balistique can share some of their experiences of their times; give us the real clue to success :D that would be so much of help for ppl like me. We can have some real critics of our work like I might not be getting enough quality or I might not be reaching the real market. Anyway, that’s all to write for now. I think I’m being an idot. :( Thanks

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

I’m in the list. someone should motivate me too. Can’t seem to find my equilibrium

1602 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

I am motivated to create 24/7. but seems like only those 8 authors needed. :D so I’ll be silent :D

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

I am motivated to create 24/7. but seems like only those 8 authors needed. :D so I’ll be silent :D

I don’t know, we can do an exception probably,

nugas what do you think?

139 posts
  • Exclusive Author
nugas says

I don’t know doru. I know nothing.. There is no pressure. If somebody don’t like to help, don’t help :(

139 posts
  • Exclusive Author
nugas says

thanks for joining in . cyzer !

490 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Slovakia
+1 more
DoubleX says

As it was mentioned many times, videohive is a long game. I have been here for something more than a year and things have been picking up since my first file. But very, very slowly. First freelance jobs appeared. But for videohive – I say you must be patient and always try to bring new files – for me it is at least one file per month. And sometimes the files you would never expect to be so successful, are the most. It’s hard to say how to find an inspiration, for me it’s audiojungle. Everybody has his own favorite AJ authors, I have mine. I browse their music, close my eyes and imagine what kind of project would fit the music. And then, if great idea comes /it always comes, somtimes after ten minutes, sometimes after few hours/ I think about how to make it real. I still don’t have any bestseller, but the hope drives me forward. Oh and the last thing, just my personal advice – nugas you have only 8 files and almost half of them is Valentine oriented. Maybe you could try to create something more wide, suitable for more kinds of presentations. And it doesn’t have to be complex, simplicity in the right amount is what wins (in my opinion). The files I spent most time of creating, the files which are more specific than general are my least selling files. But they are unique, I wanted to have those in my portfolio. So I wish you both /and myself :D / good luck!

p.s.: also it would be nice to hear some opinion from Envato elite

139 posts
  • Exclusive Author
nugas says

As it was mentioned many times, videohive is a long game. I have been here for something more than a year and things have been picking up since my first file. But very, very slowly. First freelance jobs appeared. But for videohive – I say you must be patient and always try to bring new files – for me it is at least one file per month. And sometimes the files you would never expect to be so successful, are the most. It’s hard to say how to find an inspiration, for me it’s audiojungle. Everybody has his own favorite AJ authors, I have mine. I browse their music, close my eyes and imagine what kind of project would fit the music. And then, if great idea comes /it always comes, somtimes after ten minutes, sometimes after few hours/ I think about how to make it real. I still don’t have any bestseller, but the hope drives me forward. Oh and the last thing, just my personal advice – nugas you have only 8 files and almost half of them is Valentine oriented. Maybe you could try to create something more wide, suitable for more kinds of presentations. And it doesn’t have to be complex, simplicity in the right amount is what wins (in my opinion). The files I spent most time of creating, the files which are more specific than general are my least selling files. But they are unique, I wanted to have those in my portfolio. So I wish you both /and myself :D / good luck!

p.s.: also it would be nice to hear some opinion from Envato elite

Thanks for your precious advice and the awesome tip. I do have some variations coming up but since it is valentine time, i made couple of more valentine stuff. I’ll do try some presentation type as you said.

Wish we all good luck and thanks again.

ps: also expecting some opinion from Envato elite

ColorfulUmbrella
ColorfulUmbrella Recent Posts Threads Started
271 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
ColorfulUmbrella says

Im new here. I have so low sales. But I believe to future. Because Im working and working again. Maybe today is not my day. But I believe after 1 year everything will change. 3-4 month ago I have come here for ’’relax business’‘. Today I have no money and relaxivity. But I believe to 3-4 month is not enough for become a ’’relax business man’‘ Everyone has got inspiration way. ’’vimeo’’ is mine. I watch every day. You must find yours. I can advice you&me just patient and work. Everything can change. Do not stop.

I know our design – business life is not like this:

or tihs:

but we have work : )

When I was looking to videohive (I was not an author) I have readed ’’miseld’’s interview. I could not believe. ’’Is he selling on internet? Is he making money by this way?’‘But today I have 75 sales. It is excellent for old me. Tomorrow I will be old me. Maybe I will have 75.000 sales.

If I can make something for you Im ready, you can tell me or any one. Sorry for my english. But this is the reason: work work work. Do not think some bad things. Just Do It :)

56 posts Fx and Motion Graphics
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
sachinjoshi says

Hi Sagun Dai,

Like I always says you, Don’t stop and keep creating, Its a long game. Someday, it will come, sooner or faster. Giving up hope is a bad idea. With more quantity with the quality, the sales gonna pick up. I wish you all the success here on videohive. Thanks

Sachin

by
by
by
by
by
by