46 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Aggeler says

I think its a long game of patient so don’t give up ive been here since september last year and i upload 1 file a month, but i feel that there is a huge difference from the first file to the last im uploading, sales eventually come, and the more items you have the better are the chances to be seen. you need to practice every day, and create things as often as you can, cause thats how you get better and you will get a file that will be very successful, and yes i thing you should look for the files that are purchased more often i think logo displays and wedding files are a must in your portfolio im creating some of those at this moment =P cause i need more sales too, but since september, january andfebruary have been good months for me, not super good but ive been haveing more purchased items so thats good, it will take time so, just have patient and create a ton of content

149 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
davidossahdez says

I’m not an elite author but I need to say some words in this post. I’m just starting at Videohive and this is the time when you need to keep your motivation high. These are some of the strategies that everyone should use.

1. Set reasonable goals: Ask yourself if what you are trying to accomplish is reasonable. Trying to achieve too much in too little time can actually set you back
  2. Pace yourself: Taking on too much at once is a recipe for disaster. A lot of new authors are looking to create a best seller item in the first try. I think that it isn’t a good practice. Do your best and pay attention to details, also, enjoy your projects and make it look awesome. The sells will come after that
  3. Celebrate the small victories: Once you’ve achieved a goal, no matter how small, celebrate* it! You don’t always want to feel like you are far away from the finish line, in our case, the Envato Elite badge. Celebrate each milestone as you achieve it along the way
  4. Drop the “perfect” mentality: Your items aren’t selling as you want? That’s OK. It’s part of the game. Keep your motivation up and go create a better looking item
  5. Search for Inspiration: Personally, I love the 3D animated movies and the VFX industry. The details and the quality that Pixar, ILM, Digital Domain, Dreamworks and Animal Logic put in every featured film they do, always is a good source for inspiration for me. Look for something that you find interesting and let be inspired with that
  6. Don’t take criticism personally If you get a rejected item, see it as a new opportunity to make things better and improve your item. Always double check your work. After you’ve finished, and before you submit it to the reviewers, be sure you’ve gone over everything carefully. Ask yourself what can you learn from this criticism and keep ahead. Also, you need to accept the fact that others may see something that you don’t

*celebrate doesn’t mean “Create a thread about it”, just to be clear :bigsmile:

302 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
modeon says

I’m not an elite author but I need to say some words in this post. I’m just starting at Videohive and this is the time when you need to keep your motivation high. These are some of the strategies that everyone should use.
  1. Set reasonable goals: Ask yourself if what you are trying to accomplish is reasonable. Trying to achieve too much in too little time can actually set you back
  2. Pace yourself: Taking on too much at once is a recipe for disaster. A lot of new authors are looking to create a best seller item in the first try. I think that it isn’t a good practice. Do your best and pay attention to details, also, enjoy your projects and make it look awesome. The sells will come after that
  3. Celebrate the small victories: Once you’ve achieved a goal, no matter how small, celebrate* it! You don’t always want to feel like you are far away from the finish line, in our case, the Envato Elite badge. Celebrate* each milestone as you achieve it along the way
  4. Drop the “perfect” mentality: Your items aren’t selling as you want? That’s OK. It’s part of the game. Keep your motivation up and go create a better looking item
  5. Search for Inspiration: Personally, I love the 3D animated movies and the VFX industry. The details and the quality that Pixar, ILM, Digital Domain, Dreamworks and Animal Logic put in every featured film they do, always is a good source for inspiration for me. Look for something that you find interesting and let be inspired with that
  6. Don’t take criticism personally If you get a rejected item, see it as a new oportunitie to make things better and improve your item. Always double check your work. After you’ve finished, and before you submit it to the reviewers, be sure you’ve gone over everything carefully. Ask yourself what can you learn from this criticism and keep ahead. Also, you need to accept the fact that others may see something that you don’t

+1

293 posts
  • Located in India
ideastools says
64 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
MographMark says

The answer to all our problems:

http://sunnibrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/War-of-Art-Part-2.png

You can get the audiobook for free if you go to audible.com/joe and sign up.

413 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
realthing says

3. Celebrate the small victories: Once you’ve achieved a goal, no matter how small, celebrate* it! You don’t always want to feel like you are far away from the finish line, in our case, the Envato Elite badge. Celebrate each milestone as you achieve it along the way
  6. Don’t take criticism personally If you get a rejected item, see it as a new opportunity to make things better and improve your item. Always double check your work. After you’ve finished, and before you submit it to the reviewers, be sure you’ve gone over everything carefully. Ask yourself what can you learn from this criticism and keep ahead. Also, you need to accept the fact that others may see something that you don’t

Best advise ever. Happy to see people think this way. The above works for me 100%. And yes….. this moment I am celebrating a ….. small victory . :)

2292 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

And yes….. this moment I am celebrating a ….. small victory . :)

Silver paw?

413 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
realthing says

And yes….. this moment I am celebrating a ….. small victory . :)
Silver paw?

Also… but mostly the fact that I have a kind of stable sales per day without the help of a best seller.

620 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

I wish i had some long,inspirational post with all the answers for you nugas,but this is a really tough one to answer…

Clue to success? In my case i honestly believe it has been most about luck.I was lucky enough to find this place early on.I think there were around 3000 files available when i joined,so it was much easier to get noticed,make sales and rise through the ranks.

These days it’s much harder to get noticed,but i would encourage new authors to trust their own style and keep doing what they enjoy doing the most.Don’t look at the top sellers too much,that stuff has already been done.Look for the stuff that’s missing and claim that space.Be inspired by others,but bring your own style and ideas to the mix.Do something no one has done yet.I hate to see new authors whose portfolio looks like a potpourri of past top sellers.

Don’t follow trends,make them.

Good luck with the sales.

293 posts
  • Located in India
ideastools says
uniquefx SAYS I wish i had some long,inspirational post with all the answers for you nugas,but this is a really tough one to answer… Clue to success? In my case i honestly believe it has been most about luck.I was lucky enough to find this place early on.I think there were around 3000 files available when i joined,so it was much easier to get noticed,make sales and rise through the ranks. These days it’s much harder to get noticed,but i would encourage new authors to trust their own style and keep doing what they enjoy doing the most.Don’t look at the top sellers too much,that stuff has already been done.Look for the stuff that’s missing and claim that space.Be inspired by others,but bring your own style and ideas to the mix.Do something no one has done yet.I hate to see new authors whose portfolio looks like a potpourri of past top sellers. Don’t follow trends,make them. Good luck with the sales.

Genuine advice, thanks men :D

by
by
by
by
by
by