2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
andrei_neamtu says

I always use the latest technologies. Now I’m using Flash CS4 and for some people I export them in CS3 . I already installed CS5 on my laptop and I’m ready to switch and never use CS3 . I stopped using CS3 when I found out that in CS4 you can embed a font from an external file(using the [Embed] tag) that let’s you have any language in your textfields. That was the biggest problem with the CS3 font renderer: I could not have different languages for different people in other countries.

147 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
CreaFx says

You can simply add a text field to library in CS3 to solve font embed problem. I use both CS3 & CS4 . I’ll install CS5 .

341 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
OXYLUS says
I always use the latest technologies. Now I’m using Flash CS4 and for some people I export them in CS3 . I already installed CS5 on my laptop and I’m ready to switch and never use CS3 . I stopped using CS3 when I found out that in CS4 you can embed a font from an external file(using the [Embed] tag) that let’s you have any language in your textfields. That was the biggest problem with the CS3 font renderer: I could not have different languages for different people in other countries.

The embed directive is for flex projects, where you don’t use a .fla. Instead of the flash Library you can link to external assets on your hard drive, but after compilation they are added (embedded) in the swf. In conclusion you are not using an external font, you only tell the compiler what to embed. It is the same thing as adding (embedding) a new font inside the Library of a .fla. I think you were referring to loading a A.swf that has a font embedded, into a B.swf, and using the registerFont method to make that font available for the B.swf, which you can do very well with CS3 :)

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

CS3 over here.

3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says
The embed directive is for flex projects, where you don’t use a .fla. Instead of the flash Library you can link to external assets on your hard drive, but after compilation they are added (embedded) in the swf. In conclusion you are not using an external font, you only tell the compiler what to embed. It is the same thing as adding (embedding) a new font inside the Library of a .fla. I think you were referring to loading a A.swf that has a font embedded, into a B.swf, and using the registerFont method to make that font available for the B.swf, which you can do very well with CS3 :)

Actually no. If the font is replaced without republishing the swf file, it takes the new font. So it looks like it loads it at runtime.

2002 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says
Actually no. If the font is replaced without republishing the swf file, it takes the new font. So it looks like it loads it at runtime.
the Embed directive works exactly like the library, only differece is you have a better control of font’s charset.
but it seems there’s no way to use bitmap fonts with this.

as Oxylus already said, CS3 allows external fonts loading by using external swf + registerFont
3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

Sorry, you are right. The font seems to be embedded when compiling.

by
by
by
by
by
by