1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

I thank them, no matter what. It’s a matter of manners.

28 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Tiguan says

Ehm, I feel kind of stupid now, but as of when can we see who has purchased our works? How am I supposed to contact customers to thank them if I don’t have the slightest clue who to contact in the first place? I just triple-checked everything, yet nowhere can I see any information on who bought my material (I would like to know that though). The only thing I’m seeing is like ”<date> Referral cut – from referred user <name> – <amount> <rate%>”. In that same list my sales are listed yet those entries don’t show a name or contact info or anything. Nor can I click the sale for further info (just brings me to the sold work where no client-info is available either). Hm, I get the feeling I’m missing something haha (am new around here).
Usually customers will contact you shortly for support or any other information related to your product. This is the time that you can respond them with one of the cliches discussed here. However, we want to know your opinion too. Thanks.
565 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

Ehm, I feel kind of stupid now, but as of when can we see who has purchased our works? How am I supposed to contact customers to thank them if I don’t have the slightest clue who to contact in the first place? I just triple-checked everything, yet nowhere can I see any information on who bought my material (I would like to know that though). The only thing I’m seeing is like ”<date> Referral cut – from referred user <name> – <amount> <rate%>”. In that same list my sales are listed yet those entries don’t show a name or contact info or anything. Nor can I click the sale for further info (just brings me to the sold work where no client-info is available either). Hm, I get the feeling I’m missing something haha (am new around here).
Usually customers will contact you shortly for support or any other information related to your product. This is the time that you can respond them with one of the cliches discussed here. However, we want to know your opinion too. Thanks.

I suppose I’ll find out then (only had a few sales so far). As for my opinion: it depends on the matter of conversation whether I’d thank the customer for buying or not. I’d probably write something alike the following: “

I’m very pleased the track is to your liking. I hope you can enjoy the track as much as I enjoyed composing it. Might you have any questions with regards to the track, or might you need any custom material done, then please feel free to contact me.
5337 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I thought we were talking about what you first say in your help file / documentation. If someone asks a pre-sales question, it’s appropriate to say “thanks for your interest in my item”, but when people are writing for support, they don’t really want to be thanked.. they want support! :P

28 posts
+2 more
Tiguan says

I thought we were talking about what you first say in your help file / documentation. If someone asks a pre-sales question, it’s appropriate to say “thanks for your interest in my item”, but when people are writing for support, they don’t really want to be thanked.. they want support! :P
You’re right, we talking about what to say in help file. I just gave him a tip, about the time when he can contact his customers. However, sometimes customers will contact you to simply thank you for the awesome item that you’ve created. :)
171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
glenngoh says

I always thank them because I really appreciate their purchase. Every single purchase is like a form of recognition of my work.

362 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
codenegar says

I like to say thanks, They trusted us and chose us, it doesn’t matter the price is low or heigh, a customer is still a customer.

915 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

However, sometimes customers will contact you to simply thank you for the awesome item that you’ve created. :)

So your original question is strange to me – do you feel a customer is being condescending when he or she says thank you? I always begin my help file with a sincere thank you for purchasing, because like everyone says, i really appreciate it when they spend their valuable dollars on one of my items. And if something is not right, i appreciate even more when they let me know. I go out of my way to fix it.

7366 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

why is this a problem?

if someone purchase my file I genuinely appreciate this. is not about the money but more important the fact they like my work.

I’m not selling other people products but something I’ve lost nights figuring out how to do it. When someone purchase it, I take it as a compliment so I need to answer with a “Thank You” :)

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

It’s not really a cliche, no more than saying ‘thank you’ to somebody for holding a door open, buying you a drink or giving you a present is a cliche. It’s just common courtesy I guess, and although I wouldn’t really have any feelings either way if it didn’t say thanks… it’s unlikely I’ll be scoring down the item, writing a formal complaint, or asking support for my money back if somebody says ‘thanks for buying my item’.

by
by
by
by
by
by