1793 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

As the title says, are you working fulltime on Envato marketplaces? Or just part-time with another full-time job? :) For the elite authors, do you earn a decent amount monthly from Envato in order not to need a job?

Also one more thing, just curious…Do you usually release new items constantly in order for the revenue to stay constant?

973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

Well I don’t upload anything on here anymore (just dont know what) but I’m part time on the forums, sometimes it feels like fulltime when I have nothing to do, just refreshing every minute haha.

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

I use to work full time on Code Canyon but have slowly moved away from it. If I wanted to, however, I could easily go back to full time at any point.

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Heartbreak says

I been working on 3D modeling as a hobby all my life. It isn’t my actual job, but I love the hobby! I don’t earn all that much (4 figures), but the extra cash is great at times!

2129 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

As the title says, are you working fulltime on Envato marketplaces? Or just part-time with another full-time job? :) For the elite authors, do you earn a decent amount monthly from Envato in order not to need a job? Also one more thing, just curious…Do you usually release new items constantly in order for the revenue to stay constant?

I’m no where nowhere near Elite Status as you can see . . . but,

For your last item – I haven’t uploaded anything for about 6 months (at least, anything accepted that is), but I still get about 50-70$ a month for my items.

I’d like to have more time to devote to the Marketplaces, but I have another Fulltime Job that has horrible working hours.

I’d love to leave my current job and just create new products . . . time will tell.

You on the other hand can create Wordpress Themes – If I could do that I would be all over it!

And, You’re Already a Black Paw – Very Impressive!

1844 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

GraphicRiver is my full time job (almost), I also do quite a bit of freelance work. I resigned from an AD Agency as Visualizer and Sr. Graphic Designer to work on GR, the amount of freedom of expression (design) is amazing.

169 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
mikedidthis says

Still part time picking up freelance gigs when I can.

The aim is to go full time though, as I really do enjoy making themes, and have learned so so so much in just 8 months.

The 70% commission has given me a real taste of how things could be ;)

1119 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
TanyDi says

From 6 months GraphicRiver is my full time job. I was interior&furniture designer more than 20 years and decided to turn new page of my life. I worked hard these 6 months, I learned lots of new things and I still learning.

I hope my sales will increase enough and I must not to take second job cos I like GraphicRiver :-)

742 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

hi. make couple of decent items to make living from them. quit your job. release 1 item every 2 month to support sales on a certain level OR release 1 item / 1 month to steadily increase your sales and income. don’t forget to hire someone to help you with the support (this is essential)

6028 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

My 100% source of income is from Envato items since 2008 Sep. This beats all my previous full time and freelance work span which were not more than 3 years.

I don’t have the habit of regular releases but do work continuously and more than half of my works were fiasco that never uploaded with the understanding that it will fail and will require severe support hours or even create angry buyers :D

Regarding money, I think it differs according to country. For me 2k/month is really good to become full timer but still I make plans for 10k/month :P

by
by
by
by
by
by