Installed a WP theme from here from a client and spent 2 hours trying to get it to work is just a nightmare, things I noticed are:
- Can’t override core css as it’s set to show in the footer and not the header - The log upload doesn’t work without having to add the right widget to the header (why?) - Can’t overwrite the normal WP files as they have them but they just include another file which is hidden in deep folders - Changing colours (it coems with 10 pre-defined) is a chore, have to create a default theme colour then set the colour for that theme style.
I have bought in the region of 30 themes from here, under this account and other, and installed thousands of WP themes over the last 5 years but this theme is by far the worst I have come across for setting up the demo and customising the theme.
I can normally find my way around a theme within minutes and have a theme set up and ready to use within the hour but this one is going to take an absolute ago to do.
I have installed the theme so no chance of a refund (and the client really wants this one) but it’s an absolute pigs ear to use, it’s got a beautiful design on the frontend but the backend is useless for being used.
I am a WP theme creator and I would never dream of building anything like this, I mean who ignores the basic WP templating system and includes the whole header and footer in separate files.
and now breathe….....
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Community Ambassador
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site