• Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 3
  • Envato Team
+14 more
Ivor
Envato team
says
  • jQuery Custom Scrollbars :: This might look pretty but it decreases significantly the performance of your site.
  • Music / Video Autoplay :: Doesn’t need explanation.

// personal opinion – out of my chest – frontend devs what are you doing please stahp

31 posts
  • Author Level 9
  • Collector Level 2
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
+6 more
ThemeSmack
says

+1

101 posts
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 1
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Exclusive Author
downstream
says

+1 for the scroll bars, and plus +2 for the autoplay its really annoying when i listen to my fav music and suddenly a weid music appears i kind of panic when this happens. And i think i saw a theme here on tf that has autoplay music

767 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 4
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
outandouter
says

+1

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Actually both doesn’t need explanation! :) Both needs only for extremely rare applications.

253 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Author Level 5
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Collector Level 2
+3 more
h2theme
says

• jQuery Custom Scrollbars :: This might look pretty but it decreases significantly the performance of your site.

+1. I think custom scrollbars is creative idea but when i create it , i make options to disable or enable it!

905 posts
  • Author Level 3
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Collector Level 2
  • 4 Years of Membership
+4 more
infuse01
says

+1 for the jquery scrollbars and the autoplay music

fortunately there are also some possibilities which enables to custom style the default browser bar which, in some cases, can be of good use. For the autoplay I guess it should be possible to simply mute the browser/tab by default. In some cases music is required by the client, and is also a good choice to create a special atmosphere for the visitor altough this is really only in some rare cases.

88 posts
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 1
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Exclusive Author
DesignPuma
says

+1

640 posts
  • Affiliate Level 8
  • Author Level 14
  • Collector Level 4
  • Front Page Master
+12 more
Kriesi
says

+1

If you ask me themes with this feature should not be accepted. Sometimes you have to protect customers from themselves ;D

134 posts Live. Love. ASAP
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Featured Author
+6 more
liviu_cerchez
says

I think these features should be disabled by default and users should have the ability to turn them on, if they want to (maybe place the option under advanced settings in the setting panel). Simple as that for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by