990 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Hi

so, here’s the theme PhotoPassion

and here is email from Ivor ;)

1.Your template has a good start but, as we have high standards, you will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics, and spacing.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the template. I’d like you to go over the design with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

3. Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. The template needs improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.

4. Try to make your theme’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

5. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the theme may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium theme.

If you have any thoughts or good advices what should I fix, hit me. I’ve been working on it for a long time, so I just can’t really say what’s wrong ;)

1245 posts LoveThemes
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

Sorry, I totally agree with the reviewer. As well as the points made, it just feels a little bland, not premium if you understand.

Try different colors, more graphical elements and give it a polish throughout.

Scott.

990 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Sorry, I totally agree with the reviewer. As well as the points made, it just feels a little bland, not premium if you understand.

Try different colors, more graphical elements and give it a polish throughout.

Scott.

Hi, thanks for your opinion, there are 4 different colour schemes, you just need to hover in the left top corner on that arrow to switch to them. I’ve intended to do minimalistic design because purpose of that theme is to show photography and focus user attention on photos. As for premium, it has really advanced backend and some features for gallery options which I didn’t find on any other theme here. But I need to work harder ;)

421 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Germany
MASSIX says

Not bad, but also not really fresh, cool and premium. Really try to add some more unique elements, play with some cool jQuery functions and improve the whole look & feel.

Its a good start, I think with this changes you will be accepted.

Good luck with it.

by
by
by
by
by
by