8 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
damonlee says

Checking the flash version doesn’t tell you which AS they are using.

I tried loading a AS2 swf into a parent AS3 swf…doesn’t work.

And as far as leaving a comment or contacting the author…who has time to wait for responses when your clients are expecting a deadline?

like I said earlier, AS is the key to these components, so do ya think, that maybe, just MAYBE we need to know what freakn’ AS version is being used…

I have two components from this site that, while well done, are useless to me because they are AS2 . In fact, just about all the work I’ve seen on this site is fantastic, exceeds my current ability…I just need more info on the right side bar…

I’ve requested a refund/credit for the two components I cannot use, “mini XML gallery” and “Flying Thumbs XML ”

163 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
arala22 says

Well as stated earlier.

all files are AS2

unless stated AS3

8 posts
damonlee says

I understand that, “all AS2 unless otherwise noted”, but when are we told this?? did i forget to read something?

I wasn’t aware of that little fact until you told me….

Anyways, I think i’m done with my ranting…hopefully I’ll get a credit

116 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
trepn says
Checking the flash version doesn’t tell you which AS they are using.

If the Flash version is CS3 it can be both as2 or as3 (or AS1 ). If it’s lower than CS3 it’s AS2 (or AS1 )

I dunno if it’s me but the right bar (Flying Thumbs XML ) says “Opens With Flash 8 (8+)” , soooo how could that be AS3 ???

I do agree that it would be nice to have a language indication, how about suggesting this in the Site Suggestions.

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says

When it says Opens with .. Flash Version X – it means it can be opened with higher versions as well – but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s AS3 , even if it can be opened with CS3 .

Most probably, it’s AS2 unless it’s written in the description of the file – and if you want to make sure, please ask the author before buying.

535 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
seifip says

Actually a lot of my files are “Opens With Flash 8 (8+)” and are both in AS2&AS3…

116 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
trepn says
Actually a lot of my files are “Opens With Flash 8 (8+)” and are both in AS2&AS3…

So you ignore the compatibility error when you save your file?

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

I think we need to specify both types of compatibilities… 1. actionscript version (2.0 or 3.0) 2. and the minimum editor version required – ex. Flash 8

now most of our files have specified only the flash editor version… and this is a problem when a user buys a flash9 file and not knowing about the actionscript version. Maybe him needs an as2.0 file… or as3.0 file… – both can be opened with flash 9

I specify in all my files description the editor and the actionscript version.

535 posts
seifip says

No… I just include both F8AS2 and F9AS3 files in the zip…

The compatibility setting should be made as check boxes so that it would be possible to include files in multiple F/AS versions…

932 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
JWG says

Something needs to be done, because I’m tired of explaining to people this whole situation. I keep getting people asking “why wont these open” or “oh, I needed AS2 ” on files that clearly say AS3 . I state more than once AS3 if it is an AS3 file. It’s partially FD’s fault for not having a place to specify this where a customer can check to see if it’s compatible, but you buyers need to start paying more attention. I dont like being put in a bad place where i have to tell someone they just wasted $6 and Im not gonna do anything because it’s not my fault.

This is a stupid problem, and should be fixed. Or FD needs to take down that horrible banner on the home page and put up something explaining to buyers this AS2 / AS3 problem and tell them that us the authors are not responsible for their or FD’s shortcomings.

BUYERS : Read. Read comments, Read description, Read stats to the right of the preview.

FlashDEN Admin: Make a place for us to state AS version.

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by