932 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JWG says

i Just read my last post and it’s kinda mean. I’m sorry. I wanst trying to be an ass, but I just don’t like being put in the position of the bad guy, when a buyer has problems, that really shouldnt be a problem on a stock Flash site. C’mon guy’s, AS version is prob the most important item for a description to have. Just seems like the most important fix to be done.

:)

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

I support what JWG said. Cheers

3217 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

I support what wickedpixel said. Cheers :)

3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says
i Just read my last post and it’s kinda mean. I’m sorry. I wanst trying to be an ass, but I just don’t like being put in the position of the bad guy, when a buyer has problems, that really shouldnt be a problem on a stock Flash site. C’mon guy’s, AS version is prob the most important item for a description to have. Just seems like the most important fix to be done. :)

No offence taken JWG – I’ll make sure this is implemented soon. Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
damonlee says

Wow…seems i ruffled some feathers here…

I was emailing JWG about one of his components and he was more than helpful throughout the process…

I don’t blame him for not wanting take an entire project and have update (line by line) AS2 code to AS3 … especially for $6 bones…

Yeah, I emailed FD and said that they would bring up the whole “specify AS2 or AS3 ” in their next meeting….I guess we will see.

I can guarantee, as time goes on and more and more developers are using AS3 , this will be even more of an issue…

Damon

932 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JWG says

I think somewhere, the buyer should be made aware of the author commission rates too. Many times people say things like “I know it’s a lot of work for the 2 dollars”, on a $2 file. If they new most of us newer authors only got 25% of the sale, i think that would weed out some of the questions. I know it’s stated in the Make Money section, but a buyer might not ever look there. Just a thought…. or you could raise rates…. ;)

119 posts
Denizen says

Damon,

Many people share in you observations of the importance of AS3 and the future. It is definitely not the authors fault that FD has failed to address a problem that has cuased more disgruntled customers than perhaps any other recent issue.

In an attempt to make life easier for buyers and more profitable for AS3 authors I took the time to develop a list of AS3 authors.

I have to post it three or four times a day because somebody [??] on FD erases it soon after I post it.

AS3 Authors Directory New and Current FD AS3 authors: Please respond to this thread if you want to be added to this list. ebee JamesK JWG kudeiro geoken SaafiDesign LolliPop RimV WickedPixel seifip pauliusuza trepn Flash Junior Kismael Thank You. Bringhurst
3402 posts
+6 more
bobocel says

I do – and the reason I erase it is because you post the same message multiple times a day (spam). I told you – you can update your original post. It is enough, or we’ll end up having your post once every two threads or so.

I was hoping you will stop acting like a kid.

3402 posts
+6 more
bobocel says
Yeah, I emailed FD and said that they would bring up the whole “specify AS2 or AS3 ” in their next meeting.

That’s correct. :)

119 posts
Denizen says

I feel sorry for you. If picking on me makes you happy, go ahead.

by
by
by
by
by
by