1696 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I’m using a code similar to this. Now I would like to fire a function just when I start to hear the song from the speakers, not when the song is fully loaded because that happens a bit later, the soing is already playing by then.

import flash.media.Sound;
import flash.media.SoundLoaderContext;
import flash.net.URLRequest;

var s:Sound = new Sound();
var req:URLRequest = new URLRequest("trackName.mp3");
var context:SoundLoaderContext = new SoundLoaderContext(8000, true);
s.load(req, context);
s.play();
This just tells when the sound is fully loaded. complete (Event.COMPLETE)

I need something different. I’m not afraid of workarounds. I got some ideas but.. What do you think?

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Do a test. Listen for the progress event and every time it fires check if the sound.isBuffering. I think the first time that is not buffering the song starts playing.

1696 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says
Do a test. Listen for the progress event and every time it fires check if the sound.isBuffering. I think the first time that is not buffering the song starts playing.

Oh that’s smart. Great :) I’m going to check it out after breakfast. Thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by