2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
fuzzytom says

Hey Nettuts+ people, welcome to the Tuts+ forums :). Nettuts+ editor Jeffrey Way is ready and waiting for your questions. Ask anything (within the forum rules) and Jeffrey will pick and choose questions to answer.

We hope you enjoy this opportunity to get to know your favorite editor a little better!

About Jeffrey Way

I’m a simple person. I help out with an Envato marketplace, and edit a web development tutorial site, called Nettuts+. I also love to play guitar, and embarrass my wife-in-training, Allie, by playing Steel Dragon songs loudly with the windows rolled down in front of movie theaters. Trust me…it’s funny. (His personal website: http://jeffrey-way.com/ )
2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
fuzzytom says

Hello Jeffrey,

I am currently working through your VIM tutorials . I am on week2 and in this episode you touch on editing your .vimrc file.

I am working on a windows box using a VM box with linux and so I think there might be some differences from the code you use for your Mac.

For example, the example of being able to go directly to your browser does not work on my system and you indicate in your presentation that we should check wiith you if we are having difficulty here.

I coded it as :

abbrev ff :! open -a firefox.app %:p my system takes exception to the -a, but when I tried all the other options, none of them worked for me …. any ideas as to the solution or where to look for one … thanks.

I also tried to code it as: map ff :! open -a firefox.app %:p with no better results.

Also, I think there must be some other way to create a Bookmark. I get the bookmark to work after constantly entering B …. but the bookmark does not save between sessions.

Any pointers will be appreciated….I will continue to research.

Thanks for your series,

fuzzy.

1 post
rrjmdPA says

Jeffery… just spent quite a bit of time on the marketplace looking for a simple way to have “premium” pages on a web site (similar to what Envato does) – it would be nice if is also had functionality to control some eware downloads – most free, but some premium. I see a few items which are close, but not quite right for me. I needed to quit looking for awhile so thought I’d ask you – I’m sure your knowledge of your inventory could help.

Or – it seems to me like this might be great for one of your super-tuts!

5 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
kirk59 says

Tripple post – Edited by Mod

5 posts
kirk59 says

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for the response.

Designing a theme tutorial for the mobile using jquery mobile would be great.

I would love to be able to use the wordpress blog to update the whole mobile website including pages so that your mobile site could be updated.

Including things like video and galleries on the mobile format.

Another idea for a tutorial would be setting up a site for mobiles use. Eg page sizes and layout issues. This seems straight forward to just set a site space out of say 320×480 but of course when you take screen resolution into consideration then things become more complicated when planning and laying out your site.

Also I have just looked at a wordpress overview of setting up a multi user site from one installation of wordpress which would be really brilliant to have one installation and say use a theme for normal blog and a mobile theme for the mobile site.

OBTW I subscribe to .Net magazine and what a surprise it was to see your jquery mobile tutorial attached.

I have enjoyed all of your tutorials.

Keep up the brilliant work.

Regards

kirk

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for the great tutorials.

Just watched the jquery mobile which was really well done.

Thanks! That series was also in this month’s issue of Netmag. That was the impetus for creating the series, actually. ^Jeffrey

I loved the fact that you incorporated wordpress.

I will admit that I am new to wordpress but have been looking at using wordpress as a cms.

I have looked at the tutorials on the premium content but guess it could still be linked to mobile but my knowledge is not great here.

I would love if you could do this and incorporate this into to jquery mobile.

I like the idea that you can create a cross platform for mobiles rather than just specific ones like the iphone.

How cool would it be to login to wordpress to update the total content on your mobile web.

Things I would love would be video testimonials, google maps, testimonials.

Love the html 5 and css3.

Also could you tell me the difference between jqtouch and jquery mobile?

Keep up the brilliant work.

Regards,

Kirk

So you’re looking for an entire WP theme, built in jQuery Mobile. Is that right? ^Jeffrey

5 posts
kirk59 says

Tripple post – Edited by Mod

1 post
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
adekunle says

need a tutorial on blackjack development. does the one on sale allow a follow up - can i ask questions when stuck

950 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
Giallo says
cswork said
Jeffrey Way is the worst “Ask Jeffrey Way” replier ever. :(

gee – thanks.

Yes this tut market looks pretty much dead..It took ages to have feedbacks, if they arrive..

by
by
by
by
by
by