208 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
Morad says

I want to use if some file is increased in price say like after 100 sales, so i think for me that the difference in price should be calculated and added to balance because the item is not increased in price for nothing, sure it’s increased for new features updates and additional advantages. So for me i was have some file increased in price from 12$ to 15$ and sold about 100 items before it’s increase [ i mean at 12$ ] and the differences of price not calculated and added for those 100 sales. So is that a rule for items that increased in price and that sold before increase will not the differences in price will not calculated. So i need clarify please.

441 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
pixelnourish says

Hi Morad,

If I’m understanding your question correctly, you want to know why people don’t receive extra payment on a file, after it has been increased in price?

This sort of thing does not happen in the real world. That bottle of coke you bought last year for $2.00 is now $2.50 – you’re not going to go back to the supermarket and give them the .50c difference, are you?

Prices inflate over time. Things increase (or decrease) over time. That’s just the way of the world :)

Envato aren’t going to backtrack and give you the $3 per download of your file, just because it now costs $15, whereas before it was $12.

I hope that makes sense (and doesn’t sound as harsh as I expect it does!).

Cheers,
Kate

3264 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Hi Morad,

If I’m understanding your question correctly, you want to know why people don’t receive extra payment on a file, after it has been increased in price?

This sort of thing does not happen in the real world. That bottle of coke you bought last year for $2.00 is now $2.50 – you’re not going to go back to the supermarket and give them the .50c difference, are you?

Prices inflate over time. Things increase (or decrease) over time. That’s just the way of the world :)

Envato aren’t going to backtrack and give you the $3 per download of your file, just because it now costs $15, whereas before it was $12.

I hope that makes sense (and doesn’t sound as harsh as I expect it does!).

Cheers,
Kate

Im not sure if this is the case, but are you sure it isnt because some items are bough by prepaid deposits(which is cheaper) or bought on credit(which is more)

3451 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Like Kate said, you won’t be getting paid retroactively. That’s not how things work.

Keep in mind you have a partnership here with ThemeForest. The arrangement is that you each get a percentage of the sale price of each item you sell. Let’s assume you’re at 50% commission. So when the price was $12, you got $6 and Envato got $6. Now that the price is $15 you each get $7.50. It doesn’t make sense that you’d retroactively split the $12 sale $7.50/4.50, does it?

208 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
Morad says

pixelnourish, sevenspark

Your words are clear, but i was meaning that there are reasons that pushed the price to rise like new advantages updates or additional features added, not it increased in price because of like it’s over 1 year old.

Anyway, at all no problem :)

by
by
by
by
by
by