243 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Maybe you could “fake” the whole AJ preview file. Just composing a long version and a short version of the song. Then uploading the preview to the short version. Probably this will help .. ?

771 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

Hi all!
Recently, I began to include a short version of the main file and in the file preview. But as has been said here, do not have enough markers to the client was comfortable to move in the preview. In general, I think that the added versions – it’s a bonus for the buyer, since the author knows better and has more opportunities to make a short version of it and loops it, for example. It is a pity that such work is rarely evaluated by the buyer, – not the fact that your work will be evaluated…

147 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
JasonGraham says

However, looking at your sales and listening to your excellent songs, I think you are already on the right path!

Thanks Jerry!

A buyer might have to sort through tens or hundreds of tracks to find the right feel, and I’m guessing a lot of times, out of time and necessity, a track that doesn’t hit home in the first 10-20 seconds might get passed over.

Good point

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
PatrickAThompson says

Though there are definitely exceptions to the rule – after all, they’re meant to be broken – I feel like music which is specifically composed for use in media needs to be attention-getting from beat one of bar one. .. something that tells the entire mood\vibe of your track from the downbeat.

If you’re hoping a potential buyer listens long enough to get to the ‘cool’ part, you’re going to be disappointed more often than not. Buyers (especially those who do media for a living) don’t have the luxury of the time needed to wade through a track that doesn’t grab them – in hopes that it develops into something more.

Now.. that’s not to say that every track of mine does this… or when it does, it doesn’t flat-line at the open. No. I try to grab their attention, and THEN develop the piece.

It’s the difference between writing (dynamically speaking): p mp mf f

VS

f p mp mf f

Again… some tracks don’t call for this..

In short… Show us what you’re about to do… Then do it.

My 2.3 cents :)

by
by
by
by
by
by