• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
clinton says

Hi Audio Enthusiasts,

Those using Firefox on Windows will probably have noted that playing audio on FlashDen has not been working very well. The mini player on the item listing pages was generally not playing.

I have made a change to the mini player, replacing the preview mini player with an image. When you click on the mini player image, it will be replaced with a Flash audio player, and the sound will then play.

The issue is that Firefox on Windows is Flaky with a capital F when multiple players are present on a page. More than 15 players on a page will result in none of them working properly. In fact, it seems this limitation may even apply to the number of players across tabs. My change is an attempt to combat this bug. This fix will certainly not make audio on Firefox 100% reliable, but it certainly seems to improve it a lot.

A nice side-effect of this change is that as you click on a mini-player it will automatically stop any other music players on the page. A bad side-effect is a slight delay while the Flash player is being displayed. This delay will depend on your network speed.

So, please have a play with the audio files on the site and give me any feedback in this thread. I have tested the feature on Firefox/IE7/Safari on Mac and Windows XP. If you are on another platform, I would be interested in any problems that you encounter.

Thanks,

Clinton.

PS. One thing that I discovered while working on this change is that there is a lot of very cool audio on FlashDen. Keep up the good work guys! Our audio site will be coming soon!

744 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
fisch79 says

Audio??? I wanna see AudioJungle.net !! :D

1045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
iDraw says
PS. One thing that I discovered while working on this change is that there is a lot of very cool audio on FlashDen. Keep up the good work guys! Our audio site will be coming soon!

thanks clinton for your nice words

I’ma satisfied Audio Enthusiast :D…. and I think all audio authors inclusive me keep up the good work to make the site as good as possible :)

I tested the Flash audio player of the site on IE and safari and it works perfect, I like your new concept that stop all other sounds when you play a track… i test it later on FF, but i have too many windows open at the moment so I can’t say if its good here

and I welcome the release of audiojungle :).....

1045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
iDraw says

where are the other audio guys…......? :D

225 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
clinton says

No one cares about audio but you and me, iDraw. 8-(

1045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
iDraw says

yea or nobody seen it….. we’re really near on the release of audiojungle right? :)

3145 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says

No its cause all the audio guys are holding their breath.. so umm they cant really talk right now :D

1045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
iDraw says
No its cause all the audio guys are holding their breath.. so umm they cant really talk right now :D

just me and you not… and clinton…. we’re out of the box :D

496 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JType says

Well, I have interrupted my breath-holding to mention that I too am interested! After I press the “Post Reply” button, I will continue holding my breath.. :O

by
by
by
by
by
by