729 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

I know this may be a shot in the dark, but I am wondering if it is too complicated to make an audio swap feature that appears on the que page, that would allow authors to swap out the sample or zip file for a different one and not lose their spot in the upload que.

A few seconds ago I had to cancel a track that was near the top of the list because when I listened to the track this morning I noticed a very small (but annoying) glitch in the audio, so I had to re-export the final production.

Obviously the easiest thing to do is pay more attention to the tracks, however as I am working to keep a regular flow of quality songs being uploaded , I switch between projects a lot quicker these days :)

Anyway, if any developers are floating around the forums maybe you guys want to chime in and let me know if this is possible!

Thanks!

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

Definitely a good idea for the future, Tim, thanks for mentioning it. :) There are obviously some technical constraints that we would have to consider, such as when to truly “lock” the file so that no further updates could be made to prevent a reviewer reviewing a file that the author is simultaneously editing. But I totally see your point. :) Something else that we have to consider is how many times this feature would be needed. Meaning, if only 1% of people truly ever need this feature but we spend a lot of time and money developing such a feature, that could be a waste of valuable resources that could be better spent on other, more important features that benefit a wider range of authors or customers.

Meanwhile however, I can only recommend what is obvious, and that is to ensure there are no problems with your file before submitting. And, if there are problems, (a) you can always delete the item yourself while it is in the queue, fix it, and resubmit it again, and/or (b) we will let you know what the problems are when we review your file and you should have some comfort in the fact that, if the problem is minor and your audio meets our criteria, you will always be given an opportunity to fix and resubmit.

Thanks again, Tim!

729 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Thanks Scott,

For sure I can completely understand that it may not be a good decision from a financial perspective if it wasn’t useful to a lot of the other authors.

It may save on the number of rejections however as well as authors catch things before it gets reviewed themselves…

The main audio and sample could possibly have a 1 time per file swap limit or something like that (so that people don’t get carried away)...and then once it is in the top 15 files to be previewed say, the option then is no longer available so it’s not messing with reviewers either.

Anyway, there it is! Maybe we’ll see it one day in the future if its feasible and makes good dollar sense :)

241 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+4 more
BCrutchfield Reviewer says

I had the same problem too.

3 of my tracks had a weird noise at the end that I didn’t notice because I didn’t thoroughly check all of my bounces, and they got soft-rejected for an additional 5 days. Having learned from that mistake, I now listen through every second of every version of my upload (both mp3 and wav) at least 2 or 3 times through before I upload it to make sure I am happy with it. Doing this will eliminate the need for Scott and the guys to spend a lot of money and developer hours on something that I tend to believe is ultimately the authors responsibility to get right the first time.

It does sound kind of harsh as I read this back to myself before posting this, but think about it.. Lets say you have a big project for a person that you’re doing freelance, and you turn it into them on the deadline date with an annoying noise, or glitch that you didn’t catch. Even if you do resubmit the files to them, this person is more than likely going to get some sort of bad impression from this experience, so in a lot of ways I think it is just a good habit to get into rigorously checking audio files before submission. I think it is a really good skill to have.

by
by
by
by
by
by