49 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Srengoring says

to be honest I started to look at AJ authors as gypsies, not all of them but many… Sorry guys, its not the way you make your way through…

I can’t believe no one has reacted to this?

What an ignorant way of trying to use an analogy. Gypsies are a people and do not equal spammers or any lower form of being as your comment would imply.

Maybe think about your wording one more time before posting, and keep your dark thoughts to yourself?

103 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
creative_sq says

Funny thread this one :)

527 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
NoizMan says

to be honest I started to look at AJ authors as gypsies, not all of them but many… Sorry guys, its not the way you make your way through…

I can’t believe no one has reacted to this?

What an ignorant way of trying to use an analogy. Gypsies are a people and do not equal spammers or any lower form of being as your comment would imply.

+1

Videohive is important for us to spread our music, and the audiojungle is a valuable source for videohive authors. A visual work is half complete without the audio.

I have started a thread to tell the audiojunglers about your discomfort. But honestly most of the conversation on this thread seems like self promotion to me. There are better ways to show how awesome you are without saying bad things to another group in the community. I am not trying to start a fight by the way… I just want to see that people respect each other as artists. We would like to support you free forever.

Thanks…

734 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

Can anyone do something with this?! Am I the only one really bothered with this?!

I can completely understand the predicament here, but I think a few VH authors on this thread need to chill out for a second and be a little more choosy with their wording. Not all AJ authors are contacting you because we are desperate for more exposure or need to be used in another project.

In fact, I dare say that the benefit can many times go the other way around. I’ve seen some great music sell some very mediocre projects.

As for myself, I from time to time have the desire to actually work with a few VH authors to push the boundaries of what currently exists and create something new – or inspiring, or just different. It’s nice to have sales too of course, but this is not always just about that.

Beyond the creative phase, I often promote their project on a network much larger than what they have access to themselves. Furthermore, I have even run adwords campaigns for their projects without even telling them!

The bottom line is that VH needs music and AJ needs projects. We are on the SAME team. There are always going to be the new authors (and a few existing ones) that haven’t learned that quality and originality is what will get their music used on it’s own…and yes it will be annoying. Though they can be annoying, I have always found AJ authors to be humble with their requests. Many of them are just doing all they can to make a living, just like you, but it seems that some success has made a few of you forget what it felt like when you were new and/or struggling to get sales yourself.

There continues to be mutually beneficial collaborations that still exists however and I am happy and honored to work with the VideoHive authors I work with today.

If I ever e-mail you for with an idea for a joint effort and you are annoyed, please do me a favor and just give me a quick no and I promise I will NEVER e-mail you again :)

281 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
johnnybd says

The people active in this thread do not need “Self Promotion” and certainly aren’t trying to show how awesome they are by saying bad things about Audiojungle.
As Tim said, we’re on the same team and without Audiojungle there would be no sales NOR inspiration for me.
Truth is, (and its been said before) – there’s no fairness in this Audiojungle – Videohive exchange.
We can use Audio on Videohive but they can’t use Video on Audiojungle and as long as it’s this way, there’s going to be more demand from Audiojungle towards Videohive to collaborate. They’re 1 sense shorter than us in selling their items. If its really annoying, maybe we could put some request out for a fairer game ?

Imagine a situation where Audiojungle would be able to use our videos to sell their music and show how great it works. While we would have to sell our Videos on MUTE while pointing to Audio tracks on audiojungle that use our videos (After, we’ve begged them to use OUR video for their great track, that is)

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Ahhh, wrote a long post, then deleted it :).... it’s a great day, I’m feeling good, the possibilities of what I could… :D

103 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
creative_sq says

Ahhh, wrote a long post, then deleted it :).... it’s a great day, I’m feeling good, the possibilities of what I could… :D
are limited by your machine .. :))
1615 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

For those who are Romani people. And for those who say they are not any different from anyone else, yes you are right we all are just human beings. But there are many statistics AND some countries like France has forbiden gypsyes to live in. And it is just because of their illegal actions, desperate ways to earn money in annoying manners and selfishness. Where I live I had probably four very bad encounters with them, I had two bicycles stolen ( me and my father went to a local tabor and took it back ), I was beaten ( when I was little boy ) and purse was taken away from me. And no it’s not personal or coincidence encounters, me and many other people avoids any interaction with them.

And just to let you know, I have gypsy blood too. My grandpa was saved and raised by gypsy people when there was war and if not they I wouldn’t be here right now, so in every bad and in every good there is vice versa – balance.

I know that many countries dont like Lithuanians and I know that especialy in England lithuanians are like plague. And I completely understand why, I dont feel much sympathy to them too… I am lithuanian.

You see, it doesnt matter if you are white, gypsy, black, european, russian, lithuanian.. whatever. What is important is your mentality and how you were raised, and what discipline you got. If I would stop any person in the street and I would ask about their opinion about gypsy people the answer would be more negative than positive.

Anyway I should feel ashamed of myself that I actualy said that comparison. Now I feel sorry.

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Guess where the gypsies in France came from. :D

392 posts Professional music freelancer
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
leto says

I wrote this on AJ forum on a similar subject and I think you too should read this :)

Hello friends, First I want to thank my dear friend Jo (Ironykdesign) for such great feedback to all AJ authors and for showing what a great person he is. I`ve noticed that long time ago and he doesnt`t stop to amaze me. We all want to earn money here and we`ll try to do everything. We should all know where are the limits without someone telling us. If you create song that you think it will be great for video I don`t see anything wrong to contact some VH author and ask him if he/she is interested and if maybe inspired them. Don`t send mail like this: “Here is my new song” and copy paste it to many different authors. I think they would love it if you say hello first and if you name them by their names. After all, they are persons like we are, not some instruments through whom you wish to earn some money. Please try to contact authors that already used something similar that you are trying to send them. Don`t send logo sound to author that doesn`t have any video logo in his portfolio. After all we are two sites that need to work together. I`m very sad when I saw that some VH authors put the link of music from other site then AJ. We need to help each other because we are all ENVATO and we need to stick together and not send buyers to another company to buy music for their project. I hope I didn`t insult anyone from AJ or VH! Have a nice day to all!

by
by
by
by
by
by