• United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
smudgethis says

I recently used an audio bundle in an after effects project and used the downloadable preview to create a soundtrack to show the client prior to approval and sign-off. This preview was edited and chopped up a great deal to create the exact soundtrack I wanted.

The client loved it and I then went ahead and purchased the bundle. Unfortunately the bundled items were all separate and there was no collected file as per the preview audio .wav. Therefore I can’t just swap out the watermarked version for the non-watermarked version and had to spend an entire day re-editing the audio with the separate elements.

This rather long-winded rant is basically meandering towards the polite suggestion/request that all audiojungle authors (if selling an audio bundle of multiple files) please include an identical non-watermarked version of the downloadable preview for AE authors who may well have used and edited it to show a client. I can only assume I am not alone in having had this problem. (If I am then ignore me and carry on as before).

Cheers J

195 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
filmTones says

Hi Smudgethis, I can understand what you are talking about, must have been very frustrating! I wonder if you had contacted the author if he could have sent you the file. It shouldn’t be much of a problem to do as a one time thing. As far as doing it for every upload, I know that depending on the platform I’m using, it can add quite a lot of time and work to the upload because of the sometimes convoluted way the preview files have to be made (depending on original sample rate, platform, etc). You have to make separate preview files for each version and then these have to imported and sequenced into a separate session to create and export the full preview file. If you also did this for the main files you’d have to be sure your timing was perfect as well or the two files wouldn’t match anyway. If anyone know a better way to do this, let me know! AJ would also have to change their requirements because right now, they are very specific about what should be included in the zip file. I’m probably with the majority here on AJ that would have been happy to help you not have to do everything twice…

404 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
smudgethis says

I did contact the author and they offered to provide the combined file… for a fee. Lovely!

195 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
filmTones says

Sorry to hear that, not very smart on their part I’d say…

BTW, I love your social profile links, very funny!

2611 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

Thanks for the feedback, Smudgethis! Great to see customers taking advantage of the amazing savings you can obtain through purchasing a Music Pack on AudioJungle! :)

I must admit that it is rare that a customer would need to use all files from a Music Pack sequentially in the same file for the same project. Most customers purchasing Music Packs prefer the ability to open/manipulate each track individually. Furthermore, there are rules on AudioJungle where we do not allow all items to be placed together in the same audio file (other than the preview for obvious previewing purposes), it’s actually a requirement that all audio files be separate as this is what gives the majority of our customers most utility.

You mentioned you heavily edited the preview file. That’s where the main problem appears to have stemmed from. It sounds like you were trying to edit/create a final piece of custom audio from a preview file. Ignoring the obvious watermarking issues for a second, even if a concatenated version DID exist in the purchased file, you still would have had to re-edit it like you did to the preview file if I understood what you did correctly as it sounds like you were working on the preview file before purchasing the main file.

If it helps, there are quick ways to concatenate audio files together to create one sequential stream of music without asking someone to create it for you. Firstly, you may be able to do it programmatically – here are a few ideas to get you started -http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-5-free-tools-split-merge-music-files/. Or, you can use a free piece of software called Audacity (Mac and PC) – http://audacity.sourceforge.net. Open up all the audio files, e.g. Files A, B, C and D. Copy track B, position the cursor at the end of Track A, then paste. Then copy track C and position at the end of tracks A+B and paste. And so forth. This will probably take a few minutes at most.

As there are no present plans to provide a sequential concatenation of all music files within one audio file within Music Packs I’m afraid the above solutions (outside of hiring the author) is probably the easiest solution I can offer, sorry. As a final side note, it sounds normal/reasonable for the author you mentioned to charge for this service by the way as it’s using their time to customize something you required for your specific project.

Hope this information helps even though it might not be the answer your were hoping for. :)

404 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
smudgethis says

Hey Scott,

you are right in that I edited the preview file first but purely to show the client prior to sign-off. They are notoriously picky and I am not going to go ahead and purchase a load of audio files until I have approval.

In After Effects (my weapon of choice) you can replace a used file with another, so say hypothetically the preview (watermarked) and the purchased versions were identical. I could have a thousand edits on the preview, just one simple right click action would replace all the elements on the timeline with the non-watermarked file. This is how I have always worked with audio but this is the first time I have bought a bundle and come unstuck as a result.

J

310 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
GroovingGecko says

You have to make separate preview files for each version and then these have to imported and sequenced into a separate session to create and export the full preview file. If you also did this for the main files you’d have to be sure your timing was perfect as well or the two files wouldn’t match anyway. If anyone know a better way to do this, let me know!

I think you overcomplicate things a bit.

Why not just line up the separate files on one track, with the “AudioJungle” loop on another and hit export. Then mute the watermark track and export again. Now you have two identical files with all the SFX/songs – one with and one without the watermark. It literally takes ONE second + bounce time.

Now, Smudgethis, was this a Sound Effects Pack, or a Music Pack? I can see it being used this way with SFX, but not so commonly with music?

by
by
by
by
by
by