• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Hi,

I started this thread to try to clear some things up. Moment ago a certain audiojungle author contacted me to kindly ask if it’s possible to replace my audiojungle file used in animation (which is without watermark, buyed from the author) with one with watermark.

Btw, author was very kind, nothing agressive or something like that.

Maybe you noticed, all of my projects use original track in preview, not watermarked one. I always buy the track from author. There are couple of reasons for that.

1.) The most important thing is that every watermarked file on the beginning has a weird cut off and in most of the projects, especially typo/style ones is impossible to match animation with music. All that gives unprofessional, ugly look which I don’t want. That brings me to next one.

2.) When I do a project, I want it to look as best as possible, and that watermarked version is: a) annoying me/or buyer with “AudioJungle” watermark b) is mp3 quality and I tend to use wav only.

For a long time I was doing audio production and audio mastering and I’m very sensitive about these things. Sometimes I find great track, but mastering is bad and I will not buy it.

I’m telling you all this to demonstrate why I don’t want to use watermarked version.

This author pointed me to envato notes article where it says it’s only allowed to use watermarked version, but I clearly remember that Mark said it’s possible to buy track and use it in video preview, and then you don’t even have to give credit to author, but I always do and I always will. Correct me if I’m wrong.

So my question to Mark and everyone else, is this possible?

Thank you

657 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

I dont see a problem with that personally as long as the author is informed that it was purchased so that no foul is assumed. It’s no different than a buyer using the track in a website, trailer, or video IMO .

718 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Hey EFEKT Studio,

I believe you are right in the fact that if you purchase the file you can use it just like you were a customer somewhere else who uses it in a single application.

That being said however, the obvious reason people might have an issue is because they are concerned about the song being ripped from the preview, which is a very real and valid concern.

While I completely understand what you are saying, if possible, I would recommend this: If the project doesn’t use the entire track, use the version without the watermark. At least this way only part of the track is exposed – and while it still can be technically ripped from the video, at least it’s stops the entire track being used for other purposes.

If a preview uses the whole track I would suggest using a version with a watermark, just for the simple fact that you would know you are helping to deter piracy and helping to protect a fellow authors work.

If this was an issue where I believed the watermark would affect the file and somehow decrease sales I would have a different response. Clearly however, from the years that have gone by and top selling files it’s clear that buyers get what the whole watermark thing is about and it doesn’t phase them.

I can imagine how annoying it could be during the editing process though :)

So, while I don’t think it’s wrong of you to use watermarked files and it’s awesome that you’re buying an authors work – it is well known people steal music even from the previews.

2254 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Good points Tim. Let me say that almost in every project (except logo intros), I re-edit the audio track, and I forgot to mention that, so if I have watermarked version, it’s impossible. For my last project (which is in the queue), I buyed a pack from one of the most popular authors on AJ, and it wouldn’t be possible to adjust everything accordingly with watermarked version. I just wouldn’t have other versions which I needed. As for logo intros, I agree, I could use watermarked version. Btw, planning a project with one of your tracks soon :) And I listened a lot of your stuff, great music :)

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

If you buy the file, you are at liberty to use it unwatermarked in your preview…. and without permission.

If you don’t buy it, then it needs to be watermarked and used only with the author’s permission.

Personally, I think it’s best to leave ‘em watermarked.

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says
felt_tips said
If you buy the file, you are at liberty to use it unwatermarked in your preview…. and without permission.

If you don’t buy it, then it needs to be watermarked and used only with the author’s permission.

Logo stings ok, but projects no. Didn’t you read my post? :)

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says
EFEKT_Studio said
felt_tips said

I answered your question. Regarding the last line: you think that having read your post automatically makes my opinion the same as yours? :)

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says
felt_tips said
EFEKT_Studio said
felt_tips said

You think that having read your post automatically makes my opinion the same as yours? :)

haha, sorry, didn’t mean it that way. I just thought you didn’t read it, so you didn’t saw why I can’t use watermarked versions in complicated projects :)

1503 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

Efekt the tracks withour watermark can be ripped from your flv preview in 4 seconds.

So…. I don’t think theres even a need for a consideration :)

Watermark all the way.

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says
cyzer said
Efekt the tracks withour watermark can be ripped from your flv preview in 4 seconds.

So…. I don’t think theres even a need for a consideration :)

Watermark all the way.

ummm, yea, we live in a world where you can find every audio jungle track or video project online, for free; riped. So they will do it one way or another.

As for “Watermark all the way.”, say it for yourself. If you’re fine to create a project based on watermarked file, okay, not me.

by
by
by
by
by
by