293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

From the vh forum – An option to load a list of the featured files, say 3 months back. Or any time span. Would be helpful. Thanks.

I hadn’t thought of that, great idea!

613 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Basspartout says

Awesome! Truly awesome work! Thank you so much for this :)

293 posts
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

AJ Radio Updates!

Hey Everyone, new updates and improvements to the player this week. Check em out:

Improved Searching, Sorting, and Filtering.

• Sorting tool is now built into the playlist, for faster and more flexible response.
  • Built in Filter tool lets you quickly narrow down your results and organize your playlist.
  • With the Search feature, you can now search within top level categories/types (music/packs/sounds/logos) for more targeted playlist results.

Improved Information & Display.

• Updated Now Playing window organization for better clarity
  • Category information is now shown for the track in the Now Playing window
  • Icons in the playlist now help you easily differentiate between music, sounds, logos, and music packs.
  • Playlist now autoscrolls so the current track is at the top of the list
  • If you like what you’re hearing, just click on the thumbnail/avatar in the Now Playing window to start following the author on AJ!

Authors take note: You can now automatically filter links to your portfolio. For example, the link: http://www.audiojungleradio.com?author=SchwartzSound&filter=music will build a playlist of only all the music items in my portfolio. Since the filtering menu is built into the playlist, the rest of your portfolio is never more than a click a way.

New Playlist Builder: Scanner

• This is an advanced playlist creation tool that will automatically scour a page on AJ and build a playlist from any items it finds on the page!
  • This feature makes it possible to go beyond some of the current limitations in the API .
  • Automatic pagination support, if it finds there is more than one page of items (see searching example below).
  • Sounds more complicated to describe than it is to actually use…

Example #1: Entering in “http://audiojungle.net/feature” will automatically build a playlist of all the featured items from the past six months

Example #2: The Search aspect of the API is only able to return the first 50 most relevant items. Using the Scanner, you can set up a more in-depth search using AudioJungle’s site search tool, and then copy that browser URL into the Scanner box. This allows you to set up a search of the entire catalog by any metric (sales, date, rating, etc) and in any subcategory/genre. For instance, instead of a simple search for “happy” within the music category that returns the first 50 most relevant items, you could set up a search for “happy” within the Romantic & Sentimental category that returned the first 50 bestselling items. Then, just copy the AudioJungle URL to the Scanner box. In this case it would look something like: http://audiojungle.net/search?direction=desc&term=happy&order_by=sales&category=music%2Fcinematic%2Fromantic-sentimental

With the pagination support, if AJ Radio sees there is more than one page of search results (standard listing is 30 per page), a “Scan More” button will appear at the top right of the playlist, that when clicked will automatically load up the following page of items, until there are no more pages remaining.

NOTE : For general playlist purposes, it’s recommended to use the other playlist building features. For instance, you COULD use the Scanner to build a playlist of an author’s portfolio, but there’s already a “Browse by Author” feature that does it much more efficiently. While using the Scanner feature is a bit slower then the others, it can help out if you need to dig a little deeper for your items than the other API features allow.

Improved Loading & Caching

• Helps your playlists load much faster
  • Helps popular/recent items load almost instantly
  • Item info will currently be cached for up to an entire month.

Authors take note: This means that if you update an existing item, such as one of your item’s descriptions, it will not necessarily appear as such immediately on AJ Radio. Not to worry, to manually recache all of your items, simply bring up your portfolio on AJ Radio and add the term “&recache=true” to the end of the URL . For example: http://www.audiojungleradio.com?author=SchwartzSound&recache=true.

Feel free to post any questions and continued suggestions for the future. Thanks!

844 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

You rule! I’ve just updated all my items with this! :) Now, could you add the item auto header & footer feature that many of us desire??! ;)

613 posts
+3 more
Basspartout says

So great, Eric! But I cant seem to figure out what to attach to the url if I want to sort a collection by sales for example.
Cheers, Sascha

293 posts
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

So great, Eric! But I cant seem to figure out what to attach to the url if I want to sort a collection by sales for example.
Cheers, Sascha

Thanks Gari! But what’s this auto header/footer idea? I haven’t heard about that before…

Sascha, to sort the playlist you’re listening to (however you build it, including by collection) you can use the dropdown menu at the top of the playlist. But if I’m hearing you correctly, you are are wanting to give the playlist an initial sorting upon load, such as by sale? Similar to how you can provide an initial filter (music/logos/etc)? I hadn’t thought to add that, but will update it asap.

293 posts
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Cheers, Sascha

Alrighty, you can presort linked playlists now as well. Just add “&sort=[sort_by]” where [sort_by] can be: “sales-hi”, “sales-lo”, “rating-hi”, “rating-lo”, “date-new”, “date-old”, or “category”. I’m assuming these are pretty self-explanatory, but feel free to ask if you’re still having trouble. This should work with any playlist URL , be it author, collection, etc.

Example: To link to a playlist of your items, auto filtered by music and sorted by sales (hi to lo): http://www.audiojungleradio.com?author=schwartzsound&filter=music&sort=sales-hi

Note you don’t have to use both the filter and sort parameters if you don’t want, you can simply use one or the other (or neither), and the order they appear in the URL doesn’t matter either.

39 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
ARKADIMUS says

Great! :)

613 posts
+3 more
Basspartout says

You rule!

+100 :)

202 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
LGuitarB says

That is absolutely fantastic, great work!

by
by
by
by
by
by