566 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
radykal says

Hey authors,

I would like to know what kind of tools you are using to note bugs and wishes from clients? Are you using a desktop or browser solution? For example I am using wunderlist (desktop) to note all these stuff and making a todo list with it.

Thanks for your help Rafael

1283 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I do exactly the same, just make separate categories in Wunderlist and note everything down. I have a really bad habit of writing down vague to-do’s though, and ten when I get round to them, I’m like “What the hell does this even mean!?” haha

438 posts here for love
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

I am also using Wunderlist. It’s good if the list is small. The current project I am working on is bigger, and I am using a spreadsheet, along with Wunderlist to manage the feature list / bugs / suggestions

566 posts
+6 more
radykal says

What do you think about a new desktop solution: Clients can report bugs/whishes via a button in their wordpress administration and you receive them in a desktop app. Then you can review the bugs and confirm if its really a bug and move that bug on the todo list. When you are done with the update, you can assign the fixed bugs/wishes to a version and at the end you have a nice list with all changelogs, that you can copy and paste in your item description (or wherever) ?!

1283 posts How's the surf doing?
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I think that’s a fantastic idea, but something I would never implement personally. Buyers here are amazing, they come up with the best ideas for themes and have literally made a lot of my themes what they are today.

That said I can image a constant stream of endless ideas / false bug reports if this was made so easy to accomplish. Sometimes a little step such as signing into a ticket service can help users to quickly check a bug themselves first before contacting support, if what you mention was put directly on all my buyers WP Admin, I can’t imagine I’d be getting much sleep!

68 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
SmoothThemes says

I managed all my theme, issue, feature update via GitHub private ;). Petty cool

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Issue tracker on github/bitbucket, mostly because it’s handy so we don’t have to integrate yet another bloat into our workflow.

1550 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

checkout trello.com it’s not a bug tracking software, but it can be used for something like that. It’s an excellent collaboration tool. Or you can use bitbucket, they let you have private repositories for free (up to five collaborators).

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
654 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

checkout trello.com it’s not a bug tracking software, but it can be used for something like that. It’s an excellent collaboration tool. Or you can use bitbucket, they let you have private repositories for free (up to five collaborators).
Exactly this is what i’m going to say :-)
53 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
Mammothology says

I use Workflowy.com for everything! Really simple list tool but so effective at keeping organized.

by
by
by
by
by
by