37 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United States
Pandora_Black says

Hi all,

Recently I purchases an mp3 audio player off Code Canyon and the Zip file was damaged. I can not extract it whatsoever so I contacted the author and he sent me the same file which is damaged and stated that this file is in error due to Code Canyons Servers? The author will not give me another copy and states that his copy is good and he is not at fault.

What is the best way to resolve this matter?

173 posts
  • Located in Asia/Pacific Region
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
huykhong says

Best way is send a ticket to support, if the author cannot solve (by reupload the file), you can get your refund.

8 posts
janetarnold344 says

Hi,

Yes I agree, you should contact support department by sending them details with support ticket…

20 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
coderior says

Are you using a Mac?

I’ve had reports that automatically created zips (for example those created by bitbucket) don’t always extract on a mac without a 3rd party extraction tool but work fine on windows.

Just google “mac can’t open zip file” and there are lots of results.

Of course if you aren’t using a Mac then that isn’t the issue.

55 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Costa Rica
+3 more
klerith says

As an Author, I only have this issue once, and it was by my mistake, when I realise, I have 8 purchases and all of those customers send me an email using my profile and I send you the code. At the same time, I was uploading the new changes to stop the issue.

There is no way you have to pay for the mistakes of any one. That author need to learn some manners.

by
by
by
by
by
by