I have a feeling this will be locked quite soon. :P

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

@Aw_Shucks – werd, at just 45% envato pays my mortgage every month and that’s totally cool with me :)

At everyone complaining once you start seeing some sales, you’ll come around. Make quality items and you’ll see returns, trust me.

2715 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
Yo man, I’ll ‘advocate’ where ever I want and whenever I think it is fit. They don’t participate because its almost futile. Most members are never happy. Or they act like it for a short while and then demand something else of staff. Its like, hey, you build something for people and they constantly throw it back in your face. I CAN stick up for staff. I’m a part of this place. My voice is going make sound when I talk. I just think I don’t want to express my discontent toward the efforts of the staff.

I remember when Envato announced the increase in commission. The whole series of Envato sites rejoiced. It wasn’t until recently when someone said how horrible the rates were that everyone started agreeing. 40% IS a good place to start at. It means you have to earn your respectful place on a website that needs quality products to make it successful. Earning your extra 10% is worth the progressive process. If you ask me, members are starting to get too greedy, demand way too much and don’t appreciate the opportunity that these website offer.

When you create quality products that are promising in whatever form or fashion, you will sell your files in numerous duplications. That will add up to something great in terms of amounts of money. That is an opportunity you get and at the same time its a risk you agreed to take when you joined. Too many people are trying to change these marketplaces too fast all at once. And consider the people who bring these services to you. There’s too much to follow when on every marketplace website there are complaints about half of the things that the sites offer.

yea… absolutely agreeing, very well spoken

988 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

yes we must prove our selfs, thats right, but please not with $300K :D

Your words: “I CAN stick up for staff. I’m a part of this place. My voice is going make sound when I talk. I just think I don’t want to express my discontent toward the efforts of the staff”

But doesnt this apply for other authors as well?...for authors making suggestions that can be in benefit for both parties? Voicing my opinions doesnt make me an a**hole sory, and this is the only way how this place can become better, other wise they wont be posting threads like this or other threads we can all recognize from their headlines…

look here on the sidebar for some examples—>

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

“finger-crossed”

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
PixelBin says
“finger-crossed”
What ever happened to that competition for the most interesting thread/post or whatever it was called? This could easily qualify. :D
2715 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
“finger-crossed”
What ever happened to that competition for the most interesting thread/post or whatever it was called? This could easily qualify. :D

for me its go more in the direction most annoying :P

988 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

@contempoinc , dude, trust me it is not about sales or rants…we only discuss what schould be the fair %, esspecialy for exclusive authors. While i was typing all this during the last 2 hours, my files made just 6 new sales…ask the staff it you dont believe me…we dont have problems with # of sales at all (well, better advertised marketplace with real and agressive strategies + fresh new buyers would be cool and we know the Dev’s are now working on this)

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Yo, Thomas.

In the past there was a discussion almost exactly like the subject that this thread is about. It was a discussion that staff did take part in. They explained the reasons why they have such a high requirement for reaching the 70% mark. It was for insurance and security. If they offered it at a rate that was easier to reach the business would run into financial trouble. When they explained, it sounded very legit and made much sense. To benefit the marketplaces on both ends is a lot tougher than you think.

Staff mentioned that they WANTED to raise the rates to a higher percent for exclusive authors. But said that couldn’t happen. That’s when they explained the reasons about establishing financial security for the businesses by ensuring that authors COULD still reach a 70% commissions rate, but only after a certain high level amount of sales have earned it.

755 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
djankey says
Why all the complains are from authors that have orange or brown paw? Why don’t you guys invest your time to make more money instead of this?
Silver paw in the house:
non-exlusive rate sux
j/k Djankey ;) We can continue this discussion for days on end. Let’s just come to the following conclusion. The people that love FD and like rates, stay and keep on enjoying the FD community. The people think that the rates stink, find another place to sell their stuff, because it’s not likely that FD will raise their rates again.
Are you FD staff member? I don’t have right to speak?

by
by
by
by
by
by