8586 posts Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

I just noticed a difference in my author and file rating which doesn’t make sense to me…

As an author I am rated 5.0/5.0 out of 24 ratings (woohoo) :)

But I only have one file which is rated at 4.83/5.0 out of 24 ratings so where has the extra 0.17 come from? Not that i’m complaining but thought i’d point it out since there’s obviously some Math not quite right somewhere…

93 posts Code Addict
  • Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Author
+6 more
castlecode
says

Enjoy it while it last :D

1406 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 5
  • Author Level 8
  • Beta Tester
+9 more
Pricop
says

I just noticed a difference in my author and file rating which doesn’t make sense to me…

As an author I am rated 5.0/5.0 out of 24 ratings (woohoo) :)

But I only have one file which is rated at 4.83/5.0 out of 24 ratings so where has the extra 0.17 come from? Not that i’m complaining but thought i’d point it out since there’s obviously some Math not quite right somewhere…

Did you had any previous files in the past? Because if no – then Envato doesn’t update the profile ratings when a file rating is changed, which can really hurt the authors.

385 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Author
  • Author Level 6
+5 more
codenegar
says

WOW! 4.83 = 5 :D

1941 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Helpful Hacker
  • Industrious API Inventor
  • Feedback Guru
+18 more
SamBerson
says

Enjoy it while it last :D

+1

• United Kingdom
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

no only ever had one file :D

1406 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 5
  • Author Level 8
  • Beta Tester
+9 more
Pricop
says

Yeah, well that’s too bad that they don’t update the profile rating to reflect the current Item’s rating, good for you tho.

• United Kingdom
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

Yeah, well that’s too bad that they don’t update the profile rating to reflect the current Item’s rating, good for you tho.

but the authors rating should surely be calculated based on an average of that authors average file ratings? I just don’t get how it’s wrong lol :D

5492 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Australia
  • Author Level 3
+5 more
Australia
says

Moderator Bonus ?

3875 posts Community Moderator
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Tuts+ Instructor
  • Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says

but the authors rating should surely be calculated based on an average of that authors average file ratings? I just don’t get how it’s wrong lol :D

This might be a case of unnecessary rounding. Perhaps they first compute all the item’s rating by taking the average, and then take the weighted average of all these averages (using the amount of users as weights). This would explain your 5.0. Let me check another user, and see if I can verify this hypothesis.. :chuckle:

Reeeejected by comparing to multiple other users. Nevermind. I dunno :P

by
by
by
by
by
by