2457 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

So I was browsing TF today and noticed something while looking at my author page.
I had 2 items for sale, one with 5 stars and one with 3-4 (don’t recall exactly, because I had it removed).

Now here’s the thing: the 3-4 rating I had on the removed item is still being taken into account, even if I had that item removed quite some time ago. So, instead of my profile showing 5 stars, I have 4.

Can the devs say if they’re aware of this and if/when it will be fixed?

I might be very well late to the party and, if this has been discussed in the past, apologies.

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

That’s how it is, always was, and probably always will. You can’t erase your past :reallyevil:

387 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

^ Correct. Note that even if you deleted the file, the number of sales is still the same.

2457 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

That’s how it is, always was, and probably always will. You can’t erase your past :reallyevil:

Yeah, thought of that too :)

But how does that reflect the evolution of an author? Not talking about my profile here, but I don’t think it’s exactly accurate to take previous work into account.

An author will improve a lot in a year or even less. If he removes old items that are not up to par with his current quality level, why have this work against him?

Ratings are probably overrated, lol – but if we use them to say something about someone’s work, don’t you think this is a little misleading?

^ Correct. Note that even if you deleted the file, the number of sales is still the same.

Yep, I know that too. That’s another thing… :)

3445 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

I think Damian makes a good point – it seems fair that sales on earlier products should count for all or nothing. That includes sales count, earnings towards your commission rate, as well as ratings. I feel like if they discounted ratings they’d have to discount all the sales from the product entirely, and that doesn’t make a lot of sense either.

Also, consider the user that had a 5 star rating from earlier files, that are removed for whatever reason – should they lose those ratings because they choose to remove the product?

I think the way they do things currently is probably the fairest scenario possible.

2457 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

^ Good point Chris, should’ve thought the other way around, too :)

by
by
by
by
by
by