• Support Staff
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+3 more
TPN Staff says

All my files in my portfolio are 5 stars. Why is it that, my author rating is still @ 4 stars. This is weird. :(

2482 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says
All my files in my portfolio are 5 stars. Why is it that, my author rating is still @ 4 stars. This is weird. :(

have you deleted any of your files which had 4 or less ratings?

1912 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
+3 more
TPN Staff says

Hey Saafi,

I have deleted the files w/ 4 stars. I was tired of being a 4 star author. :(

When I first started @ FD, I didn’t care as much about quality. But now quality is my main concern when releasing new files. So, I felt by deleting all the low quality files I can regain my 5 star author rating. I guess I was wrong.

2482 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says
Hey Saafi, I have deleted the files w/ 4 stars. I was tired of being a 4 star author. :(

May be that’s why you are still 4 star author. I don’t think deleting a low rating file improves your overall rating.

2671 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says

maybe its a cache thing?

1912 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
+3 more
TPN Staff says

Hey Chuck,

Maybe you’re right. We’ll just have to wait and see. I have contacted support about this and I feel this is important not only to me but every author here w/ 4 star ratings.

p&k and Marbles have proven that its not about quantity, its about quality. I am following their footsteps along with several other authors here.

660 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says
Hey Chuck,

Maybe you’re right. We’ll just have to wait and see. I have contacted support about this and I feel this is important not only to me but every author here w/ 4 star ratings.

p&k and Marbles have proven that its not about quantity, its about quality. I am following their footsteps along with several other authors here.

I believe, that it is not about anybody’s else steps but yours. If for someone 2 files are enough for somebody else 40 will not be enough. so I think it is the same with the ratings. Take a look at the top authors and yourself. :) You have silver and 4 stars. I have red paw and 5 stars. :)

Just try to make your files better and better and to enjoy what you are doing. By enjoying it you’ll find your way. do not follow sombody’s else way. Could be VERY painful in the end.

And one secret from me: offer amazing support. It is not possible to make files without bugs, but offer nice support. Once when you resolve an issue, ask your customer to rate, to post under the item. Works great for me. Take a look at my top seller and you’ll see what I am talking about. Good luck mate!

1234 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
MBMedia says

I would guess that deleting the file wouldn’t delete the votes from them from the record, just prevent new low votes from happening :) I guess that’s for the devs to answer though.

1912 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
+3 more
TPN Staff says
And one secret from me: offer amazing support. It is not possible to make files without bugs, but offer nice support. Once when you resolve an issue, ask your customer to rate, to post under the item. Works great for me. Take a look at my top seller and you’ll see what I am talking about. Good luck mate!

Thanks Donchev! :)

660 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says

Thanks Donchev! :)

very welcome. Just by realizing the fact that the rating is important you already got the 5 stars. You do not need to worry about them anymore. This is a huge step and I am glad that you did it!

by
by
by
by
by
by