152 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
new says

This is something that I think would be great use to the buyer, but who actually knows but the buyer. If authors could review other files. The review would be based on the preview alone, but some preview of files are great.

It would be in a side bar thing like how it was set up in the old theme were it was “Members” and “Buyers’. It could also help feature more files that the author community likes. Like for example a new badge could be given out for winning “TOP RATED FILE OF THE MONTH ” or something, based on the author reviews.

Just a little idea, although I’m sure its not little for the envato community, prolly a lot of work. If you guys do consider this thanks.

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

It’s difficult to critique a file without actually using it. Instead I think we should brainstorm how to get more buyers to rate.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

Mmm, I don’t think is a good idea to review your competitors.

One day I was thinking about PRO buyers… in few words, buyers that create tutorials about the files that they buy to then sell them through the file page in a range of 1-5$. In this way normal buyers and authors would benefit, less support requests, money for the PRO buyers to spend over the marketplace and better products documentation.

• United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
+5 more
CodingJack says
One day I was thinking about PRO buyers

Sounds interesting but I think it would only be worth creating for the more popular files.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says
One day I was thinking about PRO buyers
Sounds interesting but I think it would only be worth creating for the more popular files.

Well, of course… that’s one of the basic rules of the economy… where’s the demand there’s the offer…

Btw, this was only an idea… but probably very hard to realize and manage.

189 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
mbudm says

I like the concept, I definitely think that tutorials/instructions are often better if created by someone other than the author – most popular tech books are by publishers other than the software authors. Also I like the idea of putting a $ figure on support.

The risks are that there may not be a strong market, there will now doubt be some teething problems as support authors work out what amount of support is value for money and some buyers may not be satisifed that what they do get is value for money… but all of these things can only really be known by creating the market and seeing what happens.

• United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
+5 more
CodingJack says
Btw, this was only an idea… but probably very hard to realize and manage.

It’s still a good idea though. For some popular files there are so many comment questions that could be answered in a short tutorial.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

Well, the main point is this one: there is a big contradiction here… a stock market with a 1 to 1 support system or attitude… this is not going to work well. How an author can support 1000 customers in a quality way… also putting a big effort into support is always hard to find the time to answer to all the questions in a complete way. So, a stock support system would be the right solution for a stock files market.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
It’s difficult to critique a file without actually using it. Instead I think we should brainstorm how to get more buyers to rate.

+1

1912 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+3 more
TPN Staff says

Since we’re on the topic of authors, check out my new username. LOL .

I think eBay has the best rating system. After purchasing an item, there will be a new link in the buyers dashboard which will say I need to leave feedback for 1 item – Then obviously you will want to rate so you can get rid of the link off your dashboard. Pretty cool. It works.

by
by
by
by
by
by